ANTIVIRUS

Sorry I know this is not hardware but not sure where it should go. I am due to get new AV software quite soon, currently use McAfee but that causes issues with my ASN and installation of ORBX products. I was wondering what other ones are used by yourselfs and which works well with Flightsims whether its with installs or just general FSX/P3D use?

Wayne

Wayne,

I have been using McAfee Total Protection for years on my FS computer with ASN and all the Orbx products and I have absolutely now problems.

What problems are you encountering?

You can sometimes get false positives, but that can happen with any payware FS add-on and AV software.

I might also add, I have never had a virus problem with McAfee (installed on three separate computers), so for me, it works.

Otherwise, as March said, look here. http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/10861-best-antivirus-program-for-a-fs-pc/?hl=%2Bantivirus+%2Bsoftware#entry91440

The thread is a bit dated but it is still a good guide.

Cheers

Andrew

I have been using the free version of Avast, did a great job of getting rid of some pesky bugs I had but you do get these bottom corner popups for updating to the payware versions. So far they haven't sent me over the edge because they do not keep you from continuing with what your doing and can be X clicked to go away or you can just wait for a few seconds for them to go away on their own.

Never tried the AVG one although I have heard good things, not sure if it produces popups to a payware version either. As we all know Free doesn't always come without a hook. 

I've gone through most of what's available out there on my own and other family members machines, and in the end I've settled for Microsoft Security Essentials. Went in that direction about three years ago and have had no issues with it. But most of what's out there works good.

Although, as Andrew said, stay away from Norton. Way to heavy on performance. For the same reason, stay away from Panda.

Thanks for your in out lads...I never use Norton tried it years ago and it slows ao much down....

Thanks March I will look at that.

Andrew I always have to turn Macafee off when installing ORBX or it quarentines ftx lights and some lib files. It is where I dont really understand how to TRUST a program. That is also why I am having issues with ASN and Ambient Weather problem.

Brett..Loic & Thomas I am always unsure with free version as to if they are really protecting as they are free...I know that sounds weird but nothing is free that is useful usually.

I will also have a look at MS..

Wayne