Flight Sim 2013 a roaring success!

show%201.JPG

Some of the Just Flight crew and friends (L-R): Duncan (Air Hauler), Mark, Kerry, George, Joe (Mutley's Hangar),

Martyn, Mungo (Flight 1), Aimee (Flight 1) and John

Show organisers Just Flight & Flight1 were delighted that Saturday's Flight Sim 2013 show was a great success - and our thanks to all of you who came along to the show for making it such an enjoyable day.

Over 1700 people came to the show, which was busy all day, and Hangar 1 at the RAF Museum Cosford was the perfect setting.

As always, it was a pleasure to catch up with old friends and meet new ones, put faces to familiar names from the FS world, and generally have a good chat about all things FS-related!

Many thanks too to all the exhibitors who supported the show and also the staff at the RAF Museum Cosford, who were a very friendly bunch and a great help in making the day run smoothly. Those of us who were visiting the RAF Museum for the first time were most impressed - there really is a great array of aircraft on display and it's hard to think of a better venue for a free day out!

Madcatz’s Martin Crompton said, “This was the busiest Flight Sim show that Saitek have attended in many a year, the location was perfect, the museum were accommodating and the organization was spot on.”  And PC Pilot Editor Derek Davis said, “We very much enjoyed the show and meeting our readers - it gave us such a buzz and the whole show had such a great atmosphere: great location, great venue and a great day!

For a look at a selection of photos from the show and to perhaps whet your appetite for next year, click here.

Thanks again to everyone who attended and here’s looking forward to next year!

Just Flight, Flight1 - show organisers

PC Pilot – show sponsor

You know I have been looking everywhere for a picture of the 737 single seater simulator that was at the show - now I have one :) I was trying to describe it to my very interested wife and she just could not picture it ;)

I will show her the picture tonight and she can roll her eyes again hehe

Great show and such a big turn out - superb! If it was an annual event I would attend there every year for sure!

Good times!

Jim

!700 people, thats pretty good! well done, and I was pleased to see more youth in the recent pics

It's only me in the grey wig!  :D

We had quite few youngsters passing though.

Mark Embleton was assistant editor of PC Pilot magazine back in 2002 and 2003 when I wrote a couple of articles about the Flight Unlimited series for them. He was a great guy to work with, and I have always wanted to meet him in person. He now works at JustFlight, so it's possible that he is indeed the man in the photo.

Hi Chris,

The Mark is the photo is Mark Griffiths, the talented modeller who's working on our Canberra at the moment, but I'm the Mark who used to be with PC Pilot. Thanks for the kind words - it was a pleasure working with you back in the day, and I hope I'll get the chance to buy you a pint at the next show and have a proper chat!

I hope Mutley won't mind me diving in here and saying hello via the forum - I did meet him at the show but I'm not surprised he didn't remember me, it was that busy! I'd better buy him a pint too at the next one ;)

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. :)  No problem diving in here at all, make yourself at home. I'm sure the folks here at Mutley's would love to hear any input you might have.  

Buying a round for Joe is always a good way to get him to remember you. :P  

Hi Mark, welcome and please dive in as much as you like!

Like you, I met a lot of people and my head was swimming by the end.  
You must have been in the bar at the hotel when I was in the dining room :-)

Hello Mark(E), and welcome!    :D

I remember you well from PC Pilot days, of course. I'm the one who was writing those articles about PS1, whilst you were trying to get me to write about FSX. But that was before PMDG got going, of course.....   ;)

I saw Dermot (the then-Editor, for the benefit of those reading this) at the show, but every time I tried to have a word with him he was being mobbed by punters. I'm sorry I missed you both — but there's always next year.   :cool:

But if you stir Jess (since your time) and Chris into the mix then it seems that we have a PC Pilot mini-enclave going, here at Mutleys.   :P  

Old simmers never die, they simply become zimmers. Or something.    :whis:

Cheers,

Brian