Aerosoft - Airbus X Extended: A320/A321

Many thanks, Kasper — a thoughtful and helpful review.

As a PMDG addict I have looked at this Aerosoft product and been tempted, since the inability to vly an FSX Airbus, let alone one of PMDG-style fidelity, is indeed irksome (although given PMDG's close ties with Boeing I think it's safe to say that it certainly won't happen in my lifetime). Your review has made it clear where the boundaries are, and I am now more tempted than previously.    :)

I also have the Mike Ray "Unofficial Airbus A320" manual on my bookshelf, so it would be good to be able to work through it.  ;)

Cheers,

Bruce

a.k.a. brian747

a very fair review, being an ex bus driver i can easily see where it differs from the "real ting" but this doesnt ruin the simulation for me . There are times where its simplicity is welcome over the more engrossing simulations from PMDG . Aerosoft has already released a newer version than that tested here 1.16 which has addressed some issues and are working on another which will introduce weather radar from the 319 that is nearly ready for release,and they have an active group behind the scenes which have produced much better sound sets including an english accent voice set and are also working on totally new wing view environments in a lot of ways this a/c is more customiseable than the pmdg offerings, which i like.

An afterthought - 

It took me a while to dig up the URL for this site, but it looks the cat's pajamas for anyone interested in the programming foibles of the Airbus MCDU. It's a really good interactive emulator (you must turn it "on" by clicking on the BRT button. Other caveats re: screen size, browser preference, etc in the help file.

Happy MCDU'ing

See: http://www.equicom.net/mcdu/version2.html

Tasty review, I have to say that although this simulation really is "from the royal family", it is not as "top notch" as I previously thought. What bothers me the most is that there's no difference regarding the FDE between the different engine options and the sharklet and non-sharklet versions. I might add that I'm all for complete simulations, this package lacks the A318 and A319, so I'm not sure I'd buy it if I were an F S sexer :D

Still, I acknowledge there's royal blood in it! :thum:

Well done Kasper, a worthy review for figuring out just what is in store for you if purchasing this aircraft. :thum: I enjoy an informative and well written review. :)  

A shame they didn't go the extra step with the different engine and wing models as far as their flight characteristics but still a pretty good deal for what you do get at that price.

I was wondering if you might answer something for me since I am not familiar with this series, looking up the aircraft at Aerosoft I found this; Airbus X A320/A321 (formally Airbus X Extended) version 1.16 released. Now I gather their has been another update to the 1.15 version but why does it say formally Airbus X Extended when the title of your review still refers to it as that?  

Hi Brett,

Apparently Aerosoft changed the formal name of the package somewhere along the line. I purchased the Airbus X Extended however so that's the name of the reviewed product.

Extended was in the name to distinguish from the Airbus X. The product on which the Airbus X Extended is based.

Well done Kasper, a worthy review for figuring out just what is in store for you if purchasing this aircraft. :thum: I enjoy an informative and well written review. :)  

A shame they didn't go the extra step with the different engine and wing models as far as their flight characteristics but still a pretty good deal for what you do get at that price.

I was wondering if you might answer something for me since I am not familiar with this series, looking up the aircraft at Aerosoft I found this; Airbus X A320/A321 (formally Airbus X Extended) version 1.16 released. Now I gather their has been another update to the 1.15 version but why does it say formally Airbus X Extended when the title of your review still refers to it as that?  

Brett,

It's to align product naming with a complementing new product currently in production, Aerosoft Airbus X A318/A319.

Cheers

Andrew