Orbx Releases FTX: NA Gold USA Northern California

product_nanca_top_image.png

California Dreamin'.

Seamlessly connecting to our bestseller FTX Pacific Northwest, this new region not only covers the area typically known as "Northern California" but also stretches into southern Oregon as well. It covers ~115,000 sq mi (~300,000 sq km) reaching from Oregon's Klamath Basin south all the way to Monterey Bay and east across the Sierra Nevada mountains to Lake Tahoe and Mammoth Basin. Major urban areas include Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, and Fresno as well as a wide variety of landscapes -scenic coastlines, oak covered rolling hills, expansive agricultural areas, high mountains, volcanic peaks and lava flows, large wetlands and dry lakes. Every single square mile of landclass is hand placed and all major roads, railroads, rivers, lakes, powerlines, wind farms, and vertical obstructions are included for accurate VFR flying. More than two dozen key areas are featured with seasonal photoreal coverage and fully annotated with autogen plus custom models of landmark  structures, iconic bridges, buildings, and hydro dams. And like our other region titles we've updated airports, airstrips and seaplane bases. All this and the spectacular new and frame-rate friendly FTX Global-style night lighting.

- Superb ground textures from local sources

- Hand-placed landclass covers every sq mile

- Custom autogen textures and objects

- New (FTX Global) 3D night lighting effects

- Accurate roads, rivers, lakes, powerlines

- Over 360 airports have been upgraded

- Custom models of eight major Bay bridges

- More than 30 windfarms and many hydro dams

- Over 25 photoreal natural and urban areas

- Includes Yosemite, Mt. Shasta, Crater Lake

- 10-m USGS terrain mesh with LIDAR inserts

- Continues coverage south from Orbx PNW

For further details, screenshots and to purchase visit The FlightSim Store:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2778

Yeah they wont work together too well, especially if they cover the exact same areas.

Basically, if you want autogen objects/night lights and seasons variations using a landclass system, and a frame rate hit that goes along with it, go Orbx.

If you want real scenery based on real photos and faster than default scenery frame rates (because autogen is disabled), go with MegaSceneryEarth.

Some will prefer one type of scenery, others will prefer the other.

Take a look at screenshots of both and decide foryourself which YOU think looks better.

I have ORBX PNW and will get ORBX NCA. I also want Megascenerey Florida. ORBX can be turned on and off via it's control panel. So will there be any conflict when I fly Mega Florida? Can Mega be turned off when I activate ORBX North America?

And MSE Florida will work just fine along side ORBX PNW and NCA without turning either of them on or off.

As long as you don't have MSE scenery in the same geographical location as ORBX scenery they work alongside each other without issues.

It's a really beautiful area. I took a flight over LA at dusk yesterday, and it was stunning.

Jess, while I agree that Northern California is a stunning area, LA aren't covered in it  ;)