Plan-G-FB.png

The latest major update of the award wining donation-ware flight planner has just been released.

* Database support for P3D v2.1
* DotNet 4.5.1 required
* v2-style Edit Mode
* JPEG chart files supported
* Uses John Allard’s Airport Diagrams. See Mutley’s Hangar for details and chart downloads
* Lots of bug fixes (details in Read Me)

For more information go to http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Three X 32"....now that's what I call a view.

Yup :D

There is only just enough space to get them in our 3rd bedroom on its longest wall. With the lights off and the surround sound turned up its totally immersive.

I've been using an app on my tablet called FSmovemap which is ok but nowhere near Plan G. Not sure whether it would work if I put in a second cheap n cheerful graphics card or not. With the TH2G I have to use it in full screen mode..any ideas guys??

I don't have a TH2G as I can run 3/4 screens straight from my graphics card, but doesn't the TH2G take one VGA output from your graphics card, so do you have a spare VGA for a second monitor you can use? 

If you had an old monitor you could always try it.

It's even better now Brett, you can display John's airport plates within the program just by right clicking the airfield and clicking "Charts" (Needs initial set up and downloading of the charts)

I don't have a TH2G as I can run 3/4 screens straight from my graphics card, but doesn't the TH2G take one VGA output from your graphics card, so do you have a spare VGA for a second monitor you can use? .

I do have a 4th monitor which I plugged in to the other port but couldn't get it to work with PlanG but i can use it for the GPS as that is a separate window within fsx. Might ping a note over to Matrox that makes the TH2G when I get a chance. I've tried all sorts of settings but maybe theres a new driver or something i havent tried yet.

Would be nice to get it sorted out

:)

@Steph, I am also running TH2Go and I am using Plan-G v3.1. Must be something else on your system.

@Tim, another great update. Thanks very much. I particularly like the inclusion of Johns Airport plates facility.

Cheers :thum:

@ Needles - can you give me some pointers on how you've set your monitors up? I'm guessing that the Matrox, Windows, FSX display and the Wide Aspect setting in the .cfg and the fact im running full screen and not windowed are all in play here. Would be great to get it sorted.

Cheers :)

It's even better now Brett, you can display John's airport plates within the program just by right clicking the airfield and clicking "Charts" (Needs initial set up and downloading of the charts)

Sounds great, I run PlanG during many of my flights and have all of John's plates as a subscription holder(thanks John :) ) so am good to go. I downloaded the new version earlier today and just need to install.

@ Needles - can you give me some pointers on how you've set your monitors up? I'm guessing that the Matrox, Windows, FSX display and the Wide Aspect setting in the .cfg and the fact im running full screen and not windowed are all in play here. Would be great to get it sorted.

Cheers :)

Hi Steph,

I just plugged all three monitors into my TH2Go and away I went. Although, I only run in windowed mode, so that could be the difference, I'm not wholly sure.

Also, I run a forth monitor from the vga port on my graphics card. It's a small 5" screen that I incorporated into a GPS module that I built - http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/1829-gps-panel-rebuild/

I use this screen to undock and drag Plan-G onto whilst I'm flying.

I really can't understand why you are unable to run Plan-G on your setup. It should work fine on a triple screen setup.

All I am able to suggest at the moment is, to run your screens in windowed mode and see if that makes the difference. Also, set Plan-G to always be on top.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Brian

Yup, I think the windowed mode is key here although how do I 'un dock' the 4th monitor?

Also is there a setting in plan g for keeping it on top or is that a windows thing ?

Unlike you, I had some issues setting everything up when I first got it (was a surprise pressie from the huz -hes so good)

Took quite a bit of phaffing about to get it right.

Will def have to do a full image backup before I try anything. Belt 'n' braces and all that stuff ;)

I've added "Country Bundles" of airport diagrams in the MH File Library in a new section under Airport Diagrams. These allow users to download groups of airport diagrams, by country or by state or province within larger countries, vice having to download the diagrams one by one. I'm producing the bundles as fast as I can and today got the UK airports posted in four zips. I'm limiting the zip file size to about 10 MB, giving roughly 40 airports per zip file.

I've also confirmed that the new Plan-G feature to display the diagrams from a right-click fly-out menu on an airport works just as well when Plan-G v3.1 is using P3D data as it does for FSX data.

John