Get a Chipmunk on the cheap!

PRESS RELEASE
Date: 12
th June 2014
For Immediate Release

GET A CHIPMUNK ON THE CHEAP!

Save £5 / €6 / $7 on the usual website price of our all-new DHC-1 Chipmunk if you buy before midday (UK time) on Friday 20 June - and get a FREE DHC- 1B-2 bubble canopy version too!

Our DHC-1 Chipmunk for FSX and P3D v1/v2 is now available.  This all-new aircraft is a treat for anyone wishing to fly a great new model of the famous twin-cockpit post-war trainer.  The Chipmunk comes in nine military and civilian HD paint schemes, with special textures on the wing surfaces for a realistic ‘stretched, doped linen’ appearance and will feature a fully functional virtual cockpit as well as a 2D panel, optional navigation instruments in the rear cockpit, working emergency canopy release, correctly animated flying surfaces, animated pilots and a functional P8 compass - see the Chipmunk page for a video and the full feature list.

This new Chipmunk will be priced at just £9.99 / €12.95 / $14.99 for an introductory period (normal price £14.99 / €18.95 / $21.99) and better still, you will get the DHC-1B-2 (Bubble Canopy) absolutely free.  Offer ends Friday 20th June.

JF also have FS2 Crew voice control for the Q-400 £5 off at £19.99 for a limited period.

Wish they'd do one with an FO who could help with the crossword on those longer hauls. 

Checked out the video over there and it looks like they rendered it pretty nice.

Hmm, FS2Crew. It is nice and quiet without a copilot but then again, it sure would be nice to have someone to read off the checklist for me.........

Thanks Joe for the heads up, downloading right now. :thum: A   RAF Chippie was the very first a/c I flew in  back in 1959 with the ATC and had ago at flying her too. :cloudnine:

Cheers Mike

Hmm, FS2Crew. It is nice and quiet without a copilot but then again, it sure would be nice to have someone to read off the checklist for me.........

That got me thinking, get the wife to read the checklist, but then again...

The wifes pre flight checklist.

Yard swept?

Lawn mowed?

Car washed?

Dog walked?

Take me shopping

Oh, and visit the mother in law.

Don't forget to switch off the pc before we go.

And please comb you hair. (optional).

I flew one many times at Popham, it has to be the most horrid plane I have ever flown!! in summer you die of heat even with the canopy open,, in winter you freeze to death and when practicing spins the beast is determined to kill you. to recover from a spin you have to have the column pushed fully forward, yeah but most planes are like that, see the painted line at the bottom of the panel? if this is a true replica that line will be there, because if you havent got the stick planted exactly there-    you     will     die  !!!

simples!

its funny really, my dad and I used to have many a talk about how good he thought uk aircraft were compared to american built. I was mostly brought up on us planes which have a very gentle stall ,there are a few exceptions like the comanche, but by and large american planes are pretty benign.

Uk a/c on the other hand can have a pretty vicious stall (huge wing drop), and they are mostly built like brick outhouses (overweight) consequently as we were from 2 different generations

you can imagine our talks could become quite heated at times, especially the more we drank, interestingly enough both the spitfire and the hurricane had very gentle stalls whereas the mustang would bite severely. however i digress---

however any plane will bite if mishandled enough, I was demonstrating a stall over thruxton airfield in a c150 aerobat, luckily from a good height, and i had purposely stalled it whilst rolling over the top of a loop.  As those that have flown will know when the airflow breaks away from the wings there is a dirty loud bang, which makes one jump, and then your hands are immediately very busy trying to get the whole plot together again. On this particular day the 150 was in a spin earthward and despite pushing the column fully forward  there was no recovery, we did about 5 quite violent turns each time i tired to recover the spin became more violent, and looking ahead I could see the spin was centered on a tree in a field ,. we are going to die there I thought, then I realised that i was looking out of the top of the screen!!! we were spinning inverted!! something the good cessna book will tell you is not possible.

so I reversed the normal procedure , pulled back on the column and she came out of the spin immediately. Nothing had been said by either of us during this little escapade but as soon as the plane flew straight and level my passenger let out a whooop , saying that was really cool can we do it again!!

Not likely I thought to myself I had used up one of my lives already that day, so i landed back at thruxton still trying to hide my wet palms and shakey hands.

Still as the saying goes I learnt about flying from that.

• Like 1

I also learned to fly on these machines from RAF Woodvale and also did my RAF flying scholarship in one. Brings back lots of memories for me. I have the freeware Rick Piper model which is payware quality and looks like the real thing. I may give this a go if it gets good reviews.

Nigel,

How do you switch the fuel tanks over? When flying it's only draining from the left tank and I cannot see a switch anywhere in the cockpit/manual to change to the right tank

Thanks

the fuel selector is down by your inside left leg on the central console with a duplicate for the rear pilot in the same place, as i remember--- it was 15 years ago !  should have a red knob