Beautiful review, Joe! You must have eyes like a hawk — I certainly hadn't spotted that incomplete fence. No wonder Mutley reviews are held in such high regard.   :D

(I'll appreciate that airport even more, now).

@Dai

> "...useful to check compatibilty with FTX Norway."

I say this with considerable diffidence, since I clearly haven't looked very closely at the scenery <*cough*> (let alone the graffiti), but having vlown in and out of there on several occasions now I didn't spot any obvious join between the two.  

But no doubt sharper eyes than mine will be able to comment rather more usefully.   :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Thanks for the comments guys.

When looking around the scenery with FTX Norway installed there is a slight coastal shape problem where the bridge heading east meets the mainland but it was like it before too. I expect it is a problem with Orbx Vectors which I also have installed? It certainly won't affect your enjoyment of this airport.

Also, I tried many times to see the Northern Lights but never came across them. Flying around at midnight in summer is really eerie (in a nice way!). 

Ah, that would probably account for it — thank you, Joe. Never having been a low-and-slow sort of guy, those sort of distant imperfections are kinda hard to spot from the cockpit of a 744.   :cool:

But the lack of daylight thing is something I'd find it hard to cope with, I suspect. A good friend of mine lives in Finland — quite some way south of Tromsø, but he's always complaining about the limited amount of daylight he sees. And he's been there for at least fifteen years AFAIK....  <gulp>

Cheers,

Bruce

a.k.a. brian747

(Brian's Charter)

Very nice review of an interesting place.
I´ve always liked Aerosofts scenery addons. They are normally well done, well tested. 

Tromsö is a special place. It may be the warmest arctical city because it lies where the gulfstream ends its way north and turns around, so for its place its not that cold.

I looked around a bit. It can be bought at Simmarket, Justflight and maybe others, but I couldnt find it in the Aerosoft shop. The other Norwegian addons are there.

So a question. In order to make it work with ORBX Norway, do you have to use the FTX insertion tool or isnt that nescessay. Orbx normally installs itself above everything else when you change region in the FTX central

Did you have FTX Norway installed or "just" the global package. With the Global package global/vector/openLC there are few problems.

FTX Global/vector/openlc lets scenery entries stay above them, whereas the regions reinstall themselves above everything else everythime they are being set in the FTX central.

I´m curious to know on how an addon like this one works with FTX Norway region installed. Also to know how well this FTX insertion tool works with other devellopers addons.

I don't remember if I had tried it with FTX set to Europe. However, I always use FTX Global in hybrid mode so should have had the same results.

When I get time I will purposely set FTX Central to Europe and try it.

I have now set my insertion point for FTX to be above my default scenery so Tromso appears above it in the list.

Thanks for clarifying.

It seems logical. Untill now, I havent installed any non-orbx aiports in Orbx region territory. Mainly because I have found the default region airports to be good enough and because of money, of course, (and PC performance)

Its not a problem with ftx global because it doesnt reinstall itself above other entries you have made in the scenery library everytime you use the FTX central. But the regions put themselves above every time you use it.