REX Soft Clouds Now Integrated Into REX4 Texture Direct

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM REX GAME STUDIOS 

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 

PHOENIX, AZ – REX GAME STUDIOS is pleased to announce the release of the REX Soft Clouds Integration Add-on for users of BOTH REX 4 Texture Direct and REX Soft Clouds.

The add-on provides users of both REX 4 Texture Direct and REX Soft Clouds the benefit of integrating the two packages into one complete package! 

Customers of both REX 4 Texture Direct and REX Soft Clouds may download and install the package for FREE via the REX support forum located here: 

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32952-rex-4-texture-direct-soft-clouds-integration/ You must own a valid copy of both programs in order to install. Verification required!

About REX 4 – Direct and REX Soft Clouds 

REX Soft Clouds is the new volumetric-like soft cloud texture add-on for FSX, PREPAR3D and FSX:Steam Edition. 

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/soft.html

REX 4 Texture Direct is the newest environment add-on application from award-winning REX Game Studios. REX 4 Texture Direct is compatible with Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X, FSX: Steam Edition and Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D version 1 and 2. See the difference that REX 4 Texture Direct will bring to your flight simulator experience by visiting the dedicated website: http://www.rexdirectexperience.com/texture.html

...deleted a probably premature gripe regarding annoying Support Registration process over on the REX site.

Reserving this space for future gripe should this prove more time consuming to get a simple update than just 1/2 hour thus far of searching and registering.

/grumble grumble grumble.

Well....looks like I won't be getting this update, or any REX products ever in the future.

I can't acces the update, I can't register on their forums.

I attempted to contact the forum admin...they sent an auto response telling me I have to register first at the support forum I can't access.

Attempting to contact REX or get an update? let me save you some time:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

There...I just saved you 6 attempts to get that update.

Supposedly, more soft cloud sets, and the ability to adjust both the "other clouds" in Rex4 and the Soft Clouds in the same interface, as of now...i have to open Rex4, make a texture set (which includes far more than just clouds; taxiways, airport lights, sun effects, water effects, and more...)  then open Soft clouds and pick a Soft Cloud set for the low/mid level clouds.

Frankly, a few cloud sets and a bit of convience is NOT worth the inconvienence of getting this interface.

I tried a RexDirect email to the head Rex honcho asking for a RexDirect Link to the REXupdate including my order numbers and place of purchase of their Soft and Direct REXproducts...if they don't honor that REXrequest...screw them and the REXupdate, and any further interest in their products.

Just my opinion...your MILEAGE may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been two weeks, and still no one from REX has bothered to answer my email request to get this update access problem resolved. Just sent a third email, but I am not holding my breath.

Standing by to consider REX to be a complete failure at Customer Support.