Ultimate Terrain X Europe Version 2.0 Released

Flight One Software, in cooperation with Scenery Solutions, is proud to announce the release of Ultimate Terrain X Europe Version 2.0!

Ultimate Terrain X Europe V2 has been designed from the ground up to take advantage of the new technologies in FSX, and provide you with the most superior and complete large terrain environment to date. As always, we use only the highest quality commercial source data in our products.

New for UTX Europe Version 2.0 is that we have replaced the entire road data set for Europe, resulting in 15-30% more roads. Three times the number of roads have been added to Poland, and Greece has received over ten times the road coverage from version 1.0. Some countries previously with only major road data now near 100% coverage.

This major upgrade also provides brand new autogen lighting that is completely configurable, allowing users to tweak their night environment to meet their own personal desires using our new custom interface. Ultimate Terrain is well known over the years for its configurability and the new night lighting interface adds to that standard.

Also upgraded in V2.0 is the “Landclass” system. UTX Urban Landclass has been redesigned using new commercial data that precisely marks off nearly urban all areas that contain buildings. The accuracy of this source data allows for a much better selection of appropriate landclass textures from the choices available within FSX. Scenery Solutions has also upgraded the vegetation portions of the landclass in UTX Europe V2.0, making UTX Europe V2.0 a complete landclass solution for FSX.

High resolution road textures, over 173 additional corrected airports, over 275,000 bridges, over 50,000 dark tunnel entrances, waterclass, object repositioning, and ground textures for specialized areas are just some of the other features that are also included in Version 2 of this stellar product.

UTX Europe V2.0 is our first product to include native support for all available platforms in a single package using our new Install Manager process. Native support is now available for all of the following simulator versions: Boxed FSX Version, FSX Steam Edition (with or without prior FSX installation, Prepar3D V2.1 - V2.4 and the new Prepar3D V2.5

For additional detailed information, including a country-by-country listing of enhancements, see the link below in our support forum.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/utx-europe-v20-released-now_topic51789.html

Scorce: Jeff @ Flight1 

I have the DVD  versions of UTX & GEX but after not getting any response from them with regards to their plans when I had to swop to FSX-SE and making them work together I went to ORBX, Global, Vector, LC-EU and PNW, no need to turn back as it looks better to me. They sit here gathering dust now, maybe I should sell them....

Wayne

I had UTX + GEX Europe before FTX Global existed  and I didn't feel like putting more money to change as I don't fly so often in Europe and when I do it's mostly at night for my Air Hauler company based in Guernsey. This is why I find the UTX 2.0 lights much better as they now have a halo on the ground ( with choice of coulours and size by the user)

I use ORBX for Australia and New Zealand.

It would be interesting with a comparative review:

UTX2 EU vs FTX global/vector/OpenLC

Why "versus" ? 

According to the boss John Venema on the ORBX forums, Global, Vector, LC EU, TLC and UTX can be used together. If in the right order they complete each other .

It would be interesting with a comparative review:

UTX2 EU vs FTX global/vector/OpenLC

Why "versus" ? 

According to the boss John Venema on the ORBX forums, Global, Vector, LC EU, TLC and UTX can be used together. If in the right order they complete each other .

I can fully understand the logic behind a "versus" review Loic, since UTX provides the same kind of data as FTX Global Vectors and FTX LC EU (Landclass, Roads, coastlines and railway network) I wonder how they can complete each other in the EU region, thus a "versus" review makes sense for someone trying to decide if they want to go down the FTX or the UTX road for their scenery.

If we move outside the coverage of FTX LC EU then UTX regions can provide better Landclass than the default but the rest of the data should be provided with FTX Global Vectors if the user already owns that.

This is what the FTX global vector user guide says:

"FTX Global VECTOR directly competes with UTX, since we replace vector data contained UTX. You have a lot of
configuration options available using the UTX configuration tool and we recommend you take time to explore
what works best when FTXG and Vector are combined. More than likely most of the features of UTX will clash
with Vector. If you are wanting an interim landclass solution until openLC arrives, then it is entirely possible to
disable all UTX features except its landclass layers.
GROUND ENVIRONMENT"

I was only quoting what the guy said in the Orbx forums.  Mixing all of these gets a bit complicated for me...  :)  ( And I prefer using my time  flying rather than tinkering with the PC.)

For Europe I will stick to my UTX 2.0 + GEX combo. I don't fly very often in Europe  and most of the time it is at night with my Guernsey based Air Hauler company.

I made some pics for a french website, I can post them here for people to have an idea what it looks like...

Please do Loic, and if possible tell us where it was taken. tTat way I could try to post shots of what the same area looks like using the complete FTX global package...

OK let's have a ride on the " Côte d'Azur"

The plan was to take off from Cannes Mandelieu LFMD with my "Spirit of Saint Tropez" in the afternoon, go west to Hyères to have dinner on the harbour and fly back  ( this is a region where I lived and sailed for 10 years so I chose it to compare it to what I know )

Take off from LMFD runway 17, you see the bay of Cannes, the Lerins islands, the Cape of Antibes and Nizza in the background. (with still some snow on the mountains)

2015-03-1020_15_05-Greenshot.jpg

Turning west past the Esterel and the Cape Drammont

2015-03-1020_16_38-Greenshot.jpg

Pampelonne beach, Ramatuelle and on the right the Gulf of Saint Tropez

2015-03-1020_25_23-Greenshot.jpg

Flying over the Cape Lardier, you can see in front the Hyères Islands ( Ile du Levant, Port Cros and Porquerolles ) On the right the Bay of Cavalaire

2015-03-1020_26_33-Greenshot.jpg

Approaching Hyères ( airport on the right ) and Presqu'île de Giens

2015-03-1020_36_31-Greenshot.jpg

** Note : due to a little bug during the flight, I had to switch weather from FS Global Real Weather at start to standard FSX good weather (didn't take the time to reload weather files) which explains why clouds appear suddenly...  

So after a good dinner at one of my favourite places on the Hyères yacht harbour ( drinking water of course... ) we went back to Mandelieu :

Flying over Ramatuelle and Saint Tropez

2015-03-1020_49_10-Greenshot.jpg

After overflying the VOR, we turn east passing in front of Sainte Maxime

2015-03-1020_50_51-Greenshot.jpg

Direct approach on runway 35 in Cannes Mandelieu LFMD

2015-03-1021_01_59-Greenshot.jpg

On finals at LFMD  runway 35

2015-03-1021_03_23-Greenshot.jpg

Back to the parking

2015-03-1021_12_07-Greenshot.jpg

FSX Gold Box Edition -  DX9  -  Texturemaxload 4096 and LOD 5.50 in fsx.config.  -  Cessna C 337 Skymaster Carenado  

Ultimate Terrain X Europe 2.0  -  Ground Environment X Europe 2.30 - Flight Environment X (water and clouds) -  Freeware airport Cannes Mandelieu LFMD

Thanks Loic, I'll try to get some comparison shots posted when I can. Might take me a couple of days though as my in-laws are visiting and occupying the room where my FSX-stuff are...