Orbx Announce May Sale - 37% Off Almost All Orbx Products!

Yes, it's true!

Today, John Venema announced:

Orbx and FSS are having a 37% off sale for the month of May only, on *all* pre-2015 releases and even some recent titles like Blue Canyon, Cle Elum etc.

This includes NCA, Norway, FTX Global, Vector and openLC EU. 

Interested? visit the flightsimstore soon http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=92

• Like 1

I can remember quite clearly a certain JV saying they were never again going to have sales !!

I suppose a drop in turnover and mouths to feed forces ones hand :)

I do wish he would do more uk products cus i would buy them , but I think we stand more chance of a kiss from the Pope.

I can remember quite clearly a certain JV saying they were never again going to have sales !!

I suppose a drop in turnover and mouths to feed forces ones hand :)

I do wish he would do more uk products cus i would buy them , but I think we stand more chance of a kiss from the Pope.

Yes Nigel, I too remember JV and there will never be an ORBX sale ever again. (Been 4 Since)..  :thum:

But a kiss off the Pope? I thought only young boy's were allowed them!  :whis:

• Like 1

You can't complain, UK is the only part of Europe totally covered by full regional landscape !

I think I will go for Norway, I love this place since my road trip to the North Cape...

Would gladly do it again with the Hurtigruten, but it's a bit expensive. :(  Need to save some money... 

I am looking at NZ and Oz land myself...plus Monterrey, KBLU, and a couple NZ and AU airports.

Thanks to a good rate of exchange between Aussie Dollars and US dollars (about 1-0.79 atm) it will only be Hella expensive, not bloody expensive.

Still have to wait for a paycheck, and hopefully the US dollar declines further by then. :D Screw the economy, it only helps those who don't actually need financial help.

I actually already have Jackson... And have been enjoying the PNG area in air hauler. with orbx base and the PNG Holgermesh it looks great.

Milford is on the list. And it looks like I will have to pick up EU England...the night environment package I want from the screen contest is the British Isles. :)

Finally decided to enhance the places where my Air Hauler company flies since Nov. 2013.

Installed FTX South Alaska and Pacific Fjords, plus Tongass Fjords X in the middle, all above my UTX Canada/Alaska. Looks great so far.

I'm also starting to dig into Return to Misty Moorings (where it's free...) to add some nice locations and enhancements.

Been having a blast in RTMM.  Dairy Air (started in central Wisconsin) now has a base in SAK and another in PFJ.  The scenery the RTMM guys have added in the PAKT area is impressive.  If you like flying in the weeds, I highly recommend it.

Does anyone know if

1) FTX Global base plays well with PNW and NCA?

2) Works with Aerosoft Mega Airports?

3) FTX Global openLC Europe works Mega Airport Munich?

4) Mega Scenery - Do I dump the one region I have?  Seems like they'd be competing and never really liked it anyway.

Would I need to uninstall or reinstall anything after installing the above FTX add-ons?

Thanks!

FTXGlobal is made to work perfectly with their regions.

I would think Global would work with Mega Airports but if you get FTXVectors it might cause problems even with the included Vector Configuration Tool. Check on their forums if no one can answer that.

Can't answer the openLC question but same as above.

I do have a ps of the Grand Canyon working with global but best to wait for the experts to answer.

Gee wiz, reading my answer I realize I haven't helped you at all. :D  

This sale is to good to resist.

If the wife asks, buying Norway was a accident (I wonder if that is what Hitler said to Eva Braun about Poland?)

Does anyone know if

1) FTX Global base plays well with PNW and NCA?

2) Works with Aerosoft Mega Airports?

3) FTX Global openLC Europe works Mega Airport Munich?

4) Mega Scenery - Do I dump the one region I have? Seems like they'd be competing and never really liked it anyway.

Would I need to uninstall or reinstall anything after installing the above FTX add-ons?

Thanks!

Richard,

As Brett said, all Orbx products complement each other so there are no compatibility issues there.

Joe has some experience with Aerosoft Tromso and FTX Norway and I don't recall that he had any major problems. The trick here is, as per the general rule, have the airport scenery sitting as a higher priority in the scenery library.

FTX openLC Europe is a landclass texture replacement, so it shouldn't have any impact on Aerosoft Munich except for some possible minor texture mismatching at the borders of the airport coverage area.

Personally, I'd dump your single MegaScenery region.

Your last question is more like "how big is the universe?" without knowing what you have. However, the general answer would be no, you shouldn't need to uninstall or reinstall anything.

Finally I forked 13 more Euros (a real bargain! ) to buy NA Blue Pacific Northwest so I will have all of British Columbia covered down to the US border. My AH company often has flights across the border from my base in Port Hardy CYZT. May be one day I will open a base further south ?