TORNADO GR1 - READY FOR OPS!

Just Flight's stunning new Tornado GR1 for FSX, FSX: Steam Edition and P3D v1/v2 is now available by Download!

TORNADO GR1

£29.99 / €37.95 / $44.99

Also available...

GERMAN IDS

LIVERY PACK

£4.99 / €5.95 / $7.99

FREE TacPack functionality upgrade coming soon!

• Accurately modelled using real-world aircraft plans and access to ZA465 'Foxy Killer' at the Imperial War Museum Duxford, including the signature wing sweep which is animated using real-world extension/retraction times
  • Numerous animations including reverse buckets, in-flight refuelling probe, arrestor hook, canopy, flight crew, crew ladder, GPU, APU door, flags and covers
  • 24 paint schemes - Royal Air Force (10), German Air Force (4), German Navy (4), Italian Air Force (5), Saudi Air Force (1) 
  • 2048 x 2048 textures with bump and specular mapping for the highest possible texture clarity - wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
  • Authentic GR1 payload with the option to cycle between different configurations
  • A true 3D virtual cockpit right down to the cables and piping - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations, and both the pilot and navigator positions are included
  • Realistic head-up display (HUD) and functional terrain-following radar (TFR) including e-scope, radar warning receiver (RWR) and map
  • Numerous custom-coded systems, including realistic throttle, electrical, hydraulic and fuel systems, and CSAS, SPILS and built-in test equipment (BITE)
  • Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
  • Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, with input from Tornado aircrew
  • Authentic sound set developed by Turbine Sound Studios
  • Authentic autopilot with track, heading, altitude and speed hold modes
  • Authentic throttle functionality with rocking throttle levers for preselecting the lift-dump and reverse thrust systems, and taxi nozzle for limiting power during taxiing  
  • Functioning oxygen regulator system with realistic consumption based on altitude
  • Numerous 2D pop-up panels for easy access to controls and instruments
  • Functioning navigator displays - view information regarding flight plans and the active route, and configure fuel, payload and in-flight refuelling
  • 144-page PDF manual with Tornado Flight Tutorial and

40-page Operating Data Manual PDF

See the Just Flight website for screenshots and the full feature list!

I've never owned such an aircraft, it does look very nice.

But.......... what do you do with it once you've got the hang of it?

Are there mission packs out there where you go and use your new found skill and weaponry?

I would guess it would be like any other sim flying we do, research training flights or missions made by the pilots that have flown it in real life and replicate it in the sim. Or if you are like me, just blast down valleys as fast as I can go. :D 

I would guess it would be like any other sim flying we do, research training flights or missions made by the pilots that have flown it in real life and replicate it in the sim. Or if you are like me, just blast down valleys as fast as I can go. :D

Brett, if you were the pilot it would be a Tornado GRRRR1, ready for ooops! :D

I've never done that Brett.   All my flying has been done inside a client.  Mostly commercial on FSE and the odd flight or two in VAfs.   Whole new ball game.   Betya somebodies written military missions?  

They say they are to bring out a TacPac upgrade, but I don't think I will be getting it my self.  For me it is all about flying the aircraft, blowing stuff up I leave to the Playstation gamers.

You can use TacPac with Dino Cattaneo's F35 Lightning 2 as well.

Simulation wise I think TacPac would be good not just to blow things up but to learn about the weapons systems involved in an aircraft and their accuracy based on delivery. 2cents for the day. :) 

Simulation wise I think TacPac would be good not just to blow things up but to learn about the weapons systems involved in an aircraft and their accuracy based on delivery. 2cents for the day. :)

Good point Brett.  Maybe I will think again about TacPac.  It is quite expensive though.