Scotflight 3.13 now available

We are pleased to announce a further update to our main Scotflight product.

Included are updates for both photo compatible scenery and also for customers using default FSX scenery.

For use with default we have now added enhanced versions of Glasgow Airport and Aberdeen Airport and also a new airfield at Balado.  At Inverness Airport we have added new Search & Rescue facility and extra detail has been added to Sullom Voe Oil Terminal.  A few other minor modifications have been made.

For our photo compatible version we have added new Gamma Aviation facility at Glasgow Airport,  Search & Rescue facility at Inverness.  An updated main terminal building at Aberdeen Airport has been included as well as a new Bond hangar,  also at Aberdeen Airport.

Also adjustments have been made to EGPS Peterhead to make this airfield display correctly in P3D ver3.  These adjustments are for both default and photo versions.

For existing customers there is an updater installer package available.  This update is free for our photo compatible customers,  but we are making a small charge for the update for the default scenery version.

• Like 3

Kevin

I would hope the info on our home page together with the details on our products page will give the up to date position on what we have on offer.

Having said that I agree that a little housekeeping is required  with our forums and we are now going to look at some re-organization.

Iain

Scotflight  

• Like 1

Iain,

I am slightly confused. There is a patch to upgrade v3.1/3.11 to v3.12, and another patch that apparently upgrades v3.12 to v3.13. However, they both have the same filename, and they both have the same readme file that states "upgrade 3.1/3.11 to 3.12").....

Chris

I spend my time designing the scenery and rely on my co-designer to handle the product installers and our web pages.

I have now passed on a link to this thread to him so that he can advise on the upgrade routes available.

Iain

Scotflight 

Hi Chris et al.,

Our upgrades page would be a lot less confusing if I hadn't entirely stuffed up making the changes related to the 3.13 upgrade - my apologies for that!

Now corrected on the upgrades page.

To summarise:

- if you have V3.0, you upgrade direct to V3.13

- if you have V3.1 or V3.11, you should upgrade to V3.12 with the first of the two patches (free)

- Photo users with V3.12 can then run the V3.13 patch (the second of the two patches, also free)

- Standard (i.e. default scenery) users with V3.12 can run the V3.13 upgrade (£7.50) to add Glasgow, Aberdeen, Balado and other minor improvements

Regards,

Iain M.

I am experiencing a problem with the 3.13 installer. It is asking me to tick the version of Scotflight that I have installed, so I selected "version 3.0 or 3.1x Photo" and also "RAF Collection" for P3D, but I am getting the following error message....

"An existing Scotflight installation for the flight simulator that you requested was not found in the registry. Hence this install wizard is unable to proceed"

Any suggestions?

Chris

My original posting here was not intended to start a 'support' facility for our products on this forum.  We have our own forum for that.

Could I ask you to re-direct this post to our own forum and at the same time I will alert my co-designer to the problem you are having.

He will be in a position to check what version of Scotflight you have at present and then advise accordingly.

Iain

Scotflight

• Like 2

Have a shed full of SF upgrades and updates, of all flavours.  What the heck, it's Xmas.  Will jump in and buy the new full product.  For the sake of a few quid I can save myself a lot of grief and key searching.  Plus it will tidy up my storage drives if I delete the old stock....ah, the future is looking suddenly brighter.  :D 

Hi Arnold

Our records show you have already paid for the full product.  No need to purchase again ( I like to be able to sleep at night :) ).  If you have details of your purchases then on our website click on the 'Contact us'  button and then select the 'lost keys' option.  You should then be able to re-download the full product ie 3.13.

If this does not work for you then please let me know.

Iain

Scotflight

Hi Iain, hope this is taken as its meant - as constructive criticism :) The one thing that puts me off buying to be honest is the rather poor quality screenshots. They look quite blurry and low res, I would imagine not actually showing your product off at its best? Cheers K

Hi Kevin

Yes,  you said that on the 7 June 2014 as well.

I have to say that enough customers seem satisfied with what they see to encourage us to keep on going producing further scenery and also updating our existing packages when required.

We are happy to give a 30 day money back guarantee if the customer is not satisfied.  We still await this option being exercised

Iain

Scotflight

Hi Iain, thanks for the pointer.  Will have a root around my storage drives.  Might even amaze myself at the stuff I have collected over the last fifteen years or so.  I really must get more organised.

All the best to you & yours for the coming year

We are happy to give a 30 day money back guarantee if the customer is not satisfied.

I must have missed that Iain, thats pretty special I agree, I'm not aware of (any?) other devs who offer that...no doubt hangar acolytes will be quick to post a long list of others I dont know about either :P

EDIT: All sorted :) Emailed myself the url code with the download link and got it through my sim PC :)  Thx K

*** Polite Request ***

Guys, as Iain has already remarked above, this thread was meant to be a heads-up of the recent update to Scotflight, not a help forum for members to air their queries or problems concerning Scotflight software.

Please use the Scotflight forum to receive any help with your problems.

Please pay Iain this curtesy.

Many thanks.