NOTAM - The Mutley's Easter Bunny Air Rally 2016 is announced!

CartoonDogInPlane.png~original

The Rally Co-ordination Team are pleased to announce the MEBAR will be returning for it's sixth event!

For those not in the know, the Mutley's Easter Bunny Air Rally is an event in which individuals participate against their own flying ability by navigating over a series of flight legs on which they are aiming to fly as close as possible to an individually calculated "target time". Flight legs can involve either and / or a combination of VOR, NDB and "dead reckoning" navigating under visual flight rule (VFR) and / or instrument flight rule (IFR) conditions with variable departure times and weather conditions.

The Rally will take place between the 25th of March and the 8th of April, 2016. Pilot registrations will be open from the 9th March until 24th of March.

If you would like to pre-register to ensure you get an invitation then visit the official rally site here http://mebar.mutleyshangar.com/ to register your interest.

Regards,

The Rally Co-ordination Team

• Like 1

Good man, you are on the list too   :D

Good, I was a bit concerned that I had found another bug.. when I signed up using the browser in the Facebook app for the iPhone I only got to an empty page with no confirmation that my registration had been sent!

Now I just need to remember how I install that timer again, and decide on a plane  :stars:

The timer is best installed as a simple 2D pop-up entry in the panel.cfg file.

You just have to remember to have it displayed when you begin your take-off roll for the timer to start.

Cheers

Andrew

Now I just need to remember how I install that timer again, and decide on a plane :stars:

You just have to remember to have it displayed when you begin your take-off roll for the timer to start.

Cheers

Andrew

That much I remember, it's the how to that stumps me every year ;)

Now I just need to remember how I install that timer again, and decide on a plane :stars:

Cheers

Andrew

That much I remember, it's the how to that stumps me every year ;)

In which case, I'll just send you a generic sample of the line entries required for the panel.cfg file.

Hi Andrew

Any chance you could make that public? - sounds useful.

Cheers

Dean

Dean,

Other than the timer being a near essential for the MEBAR, I will post the necessary panel.cfg entries. Bear in mind these will be generic and will require some user adjustment based on the chosen aircraft.

Give me a few days and I will create a specific instruction thread for installing the timer.

Cheers

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Great it's that time of the year now.

This will be my second year, and about time to start deciding on a plane. I have been a bit out of FSX/X-Plane since last MEBAR, but there's still plenty of time to get myself set up.

Do you guys already know what you'll be riding? 

If you want to take in the scenery then you would fly something slower, if you want to complete the legs faster than fly something with some get up and go. Either way to score well in the rally time your flights so that you complete the legs based on the same cruise settings used in the test flight while adjusting for conditions in each flight situation file. I like to fly something I am fairly comfortable with and that has two VOR's, NDB and DME along with a chronometer to time between waypoints. Think old school navigation even when flying a newer aircraft with all the bells and whistles. :)  

• Like 1