New Orbxlibs 160528 released introducing Unified Lookup

With the release of the new libraries a major update to FTX Central 2 is also included that negates the need to switch regions.

You can get the new Orbxlibs via the Fullterrain support page or via FTX Central 2 itself. The download is approximately 1.3Gb in size and takes a good 5 minutes to install for each sim version you have.

Get the full story here... http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/115958-orbxlibs-160528/

Also took multiple attempts after "failed downloads". On the third try i tried re-trying the last try (try saying that..nvm...) and it continued where it left off. Sometimes I feel like I'm updating the US Library Of Congress on those ORBx library downloads. :D

I used the ORBx cloud and got best speeds...a miserly1.4mbs at best. Mostly likely due to my poor US non fiber optic "broadband" connection.

6 hours ago, Tim_A said:

Automatic update reckons 14 days to finish downloading . . . Yeah, right!

Absolutely manually download from the ORBx forums/support site. Yeah, Central is ok at updating airports, but NOT libraries. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Arnie,

I think the most problems were with P3Dv3.3 but LM set out a hotfix. So far I have not had any issues, however, I haven't had a lot of time recently to fly.

I guess that it's ok to put off upgrading for a while unless you get a new scenery or upgrade the old ones, like the soon to be released England SP5 which may need those new Orbxlibs to get the new lighting and you get the new FTX Central with that installation.

Of course this will be irrelevant come the Autumn when Orbx bring their shop (Orbx Direct) in house, FTX Central 3 will be the new controller. 

Here's the update from the show this past weekend (Thanks to ADX)

• Like 1

I've only installed Norway into P3D 3.3.5 so far but the update process went quickly and smoothly.  Probably I'm being paranoid, but I do wonder whether/how much the new OrbX direct will exercise control over how their products are installed and not just how they are delivered to you? I do hope they dont try to cripple installations of airports without associated underlying regions...

• 3 weeks later...

Silly me, I had no idea there was an FTX Central v2 released like a year ago.  I just installed the Orbx libs Version 160528 so that I get the unified scenery,  but I still do not see FTX Central v2 which seems to be required to get the unified stuff working.  I still only have the original FTX so can anyone tell me how to get v2?  I have kept up with the library updates but have yet to find FTX Central v2.  There is only one FTX in my C:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral folder and it is the old v1.