INCLUDED AIRCRAFT

• 300/400 Series
  • 300/400 Series with hush kit
  • 500 Series
  • 500 Series with airstairs
  • 500 Series with hush kit
  • 500 Series with hush kit and airstairs

COCKPIT FEATURES

• Highly functional 3D cockpits with virtually all of the hundreds of switches, knobs and levers animated and functional. Many gauges are modelled in 3D for smooth operation.
  • Separate Virtual Cockpits for the 300/400 and the 500 with the Smiths flight system instead of Collins, the hydraulic panel relocated to the overhead roof panel and roof-mounted panel switches operating UP for ON instead of down
  • Unique anti-stall stick pusher and stick pusher dump operation
  • Full cockpit lighting with atmospheric instrument backlighting
  • Special ‘baked’ textures have been used to present a well-used look and feel to the cockpit area and controls
  • Avionics include autopilot functionality from the operating period with NAV and ILS approaches, VOR and ADF receivers and displays, transponder and a full communications suite
  • Many features have been added to help with ‘usability’ such as switches to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead panel, throttle quadrant and radios
  • Numerous warning annunciators will illuminate on fault detection and a fully functional engine fire warning and protection/extinguishing system are built into the cockpit. If you get an engine fire warning, pull the fire handle and the fire will be extinguished.
  • Electrical systems have been authentically modelled to enable correct APU and engine starts
  • Instruments include all the regular flying necessities including Artificial Horizon Indicator (AHI) with flight director, fully functional Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI), VOR and ADF, Radio Altimeter and a full working suite of engine gauges
  • Full avionics and comms package included with detailed, tuneable radio heads and realistic digit read-outs
  • Realistic 'cold and dark' cockpit starts are possible
  • Pre-set camera views for all essential stations
  • Comprehensive electrical and fuel system panels
  • Windscreens are textured with reflective effects and display 'Perspex splintering' when viewed in direct sunlight

MODELS

• Specular map to give realistic light effects on the aircraft surfaces
  • Bump mapping to give a more realistic 3D effect to aircraft liveries
  • Built over the most accurate plans available
  • Many detailed animations include:
     - Accurate landing gear operations
     - Built-in forward door airstairs
     - Built-in under-tail passenger steps
     - Authentic flap action
     - Trim tabs
     - Windshield wipers
     - Passenger and ground services doors
     - Animated pilots
  • Ground Power Unit (GPU), baggage tug and trollies
  • Wheel chocks and 'remove before flight' flags

LIVERIES

One-Eleven 300  
Airways International Cymru – G-YRMU
British Caledonian Airways – G-BKAW

One-Eleven 300 with hush kit
British Midland – G-WLAD

One-Eleven 400
American Airlines – N5016
Cambrian – G-AVOF

One-Eleven 400 with hush kit
Empire Test Pilots’ School – ZE432

One-Eleven 500
Hapag-Lloyd – D-AMOR

One-Eleven 500 with hush kit
Ryanair – EI-CDO

One-Eleven 510
British Airways – G-AVMO

One-Eleven 510 with hush kit
Monarch Airlines – G-BCXR

More here http://justflight.com/product/one-eleven-300-400-500 and look out for the time limited offer¬

Finally a civil airliner I might just buy!

The first time I ever flew was on a Dan Air BAC 111.  I was nine, and I sat in the last seat on the left right next to the engine.  Somewhat akin to standing next to the speakers at a rock concert I recall.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, hifly said:

I'll see if I can simulate that incident. This has been on my wishlist since it was announced, you know me, old school tubeliner fan. Gotta geddit. 

Ok Geoff, I can help you with that one, I'll smash the windscreen and chuck you out, any good? :D

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mutley said:

Ok Geoff, I can help you with that one, I'll smash the windscreen and chuck you out, any good? :D

Thanks for the offer Joe but as you are the captain here it is your role to hang out of the window, I'll be the guy that hangs on to your legs. :D

Took the 1-11 for a spin and my pc is showing its age, down to 18fps in the cockpit at UK2000s Gatwick. Nice cockpit  but with only the default radio and GPS pop-ups it's a bit fiddly. (Never use GPS anyway) IMO the exterior could be better but I'm comparing the eye candy with the Majestic Q400 and Capt Sims modelling. It's just a bit bland. These are quick first impressions and I'm sure I'll warm to it when I do my short hauls. However, I'd recommend it to those who want to get into classic tubeliners, no FMC or auto throttle, and it's certainly not F-Lite to fly.

• Like 1

TBH Wayne I do what I always do when I get a new bird and that is have a look around it and then take it for a flight. So as yet I haven't read any literature on it and will get on to that later today. As I said, I'd recommend it if you like the old jetliners. The autopilot takes some getting used to but with a bit of reading and practice you'll soon have it mastered. I did say there were only 2 pop-ups but there are pre-set views for the overhead, radios etc.

If you are keen on it then get it while it's at an introductory offer and then enjoy the learning curve.

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The preview video includes a very strange sound when the landing gear is retracted and deployed. Is that realistic?

Try searching YouTube for some cockpit videos of the 1-11. The sound I'm hearing is perfectly simulated for my flight simulator - there is a limit to realism when I sit at a PC looking at a 27 in monitor on a desk in the study in my house.

Or maybe you could ask Just Flight...they will be at Cosford.

I have bought this......read the manual and I thought I could change views with A but maybe I have misunderstood....however I have also realised after reading the tutorial that I certainly need to brush up on my NAV skills...I have got lazy with all the tech in A320 etc.......

That's the pleasure of flying old school Wayne, doing things manually. Tune the radios, set the heading, control the throttles etc. To me it's much more satisflying (sic), than punching numbers into a FMC and then sit back and admire the cockpit or watch your toenails grow while the plane flies itself.

I do find manuals too much to take in in one go :old-git: so I glean anything I'm not sure of and take another flight. I know, not SOP but once you know the basics it's all common sense. I hope you enjoy it.

After a couple of flights in it my pc decided it had had enough and froze. This was mid flight 15,000ft, no REX just orbx scenery so my enjoyment of the 1-11 is in a holding pattern until I get that sorted. :(

Geoff 2 of us have posted on JF regarding not able to access views using the A key...are you getting around the cockpit ok?...I guess I could just use trakir....Yeah I am reeducating myself on the nav let it slip a bit... I tend to go through startup a few times... then startup thru to the cruise a few times.. when happy I do a full flight then write myself some notes..just a few pages with pointers to remind me.. weird I know but it works for me as some manuals are huge...

Have to agree that navigating around the cockpit, (especially in my case at 15fps) is not ideal and some of the click points on the switches/buttons are small. I think popups is the answer but not the default radio type. Perhaps with some feedback JF will include this in an update.

And just a minor point, the manual calls the air speed indicator the altimeter. Doh!

Edited by hifly
  • Like 1

I'm going to start this entry by saying, "This is another Aeroplane Heaven production!". Given my experience with previous Aeroplane Heaven productions, including reviews I have done, the lack of quality control in the finished product is not surprising. Certainly, there seems to be a problem with the Camera Views section of the panel.cfg files. Having said that though, I found using the Hat Switch very effective in working within the cockpit and using different zoom levels to adjust as necessary. However, this may be because I tend to use this mostly when I'm flying anyway. The gauges and switches are quite clear and easy to read and use, though the click spots for some, particularly the landing lights, are a bit tricky. Oh, and yes, the editor of the manual needs to be shot for not picking up on the double entry for the altimeter at 2 and 14 when 2 is clearly the air speed indicator - I would expect he no longer has a job!!!

I didn't encounter any drop in frame rate performance and had a constant 30-31 fps. It would be interesting to know where you were flying when you encountered this and what scenery you have installed in that area.

On 9/30/2016 at 19:20, Christopher Low said:

The preview video includes a very strange sound when the landing gear is retracted and deployed. Is that realistic?

As to the "...very strange sound...", further to my initial comments and after further extensive testing and research, including reviewing videos of the cockpit during real world flights, this sound does not exist during the normal retracting or extending of the landing gear in either the real world or the model in FSX. The only conclusion I come to in regard to this is that in the Just Flight video, there is some sort of warning klaxon sounding at that point which is mutually exclusive to the operation of retracting the landing gear. This could be related to an error in not following the normal procedures, but is not evident when normal procedures are followed.

In all, initial impressions are good for a what is a 20 quid purchase - this is no PMDG aircraft and nor do I expect it to be!!!

• Like 1

Following up on Andrew's notes, I've discovered a few annoying issues myself. For example, it's possible to start the engines without the APU running at all. Starting the APU is also way to quick and without any sound from the APU present in the cockpit, it's difficult to know that there is running. More testing needed I feel. 

Jess B

• Like 1

Oh and I can confirm that the horrible sound that happens on the Airline2Sim preview is a 'Gear warning' horn. Ben took off with near full flaps, so the horn sounded as it expected the gear to be lowered to land at that flap setting. 

• Like 1

Is that what it was? I had absolutely no idea what kind of V speeds to use and Exeter isn't that long so I just bashed out as high a flap setting as I dared! I've done a couple of flights in it but my raw data nav skills leave a bit to be desired...

• Like 1

Got it!

Nice aircraft as I expected, but I have two quirks:

1) textures are too heavy on my system, and I don't feel the need of 4096px sheets. I guess I will have to work a bit and reduce all texture sizes;

2) I have not been able to display the glideslope on the RMI and the FD did not rotate to the GS position (only off, hdg and V/L were working).

Anyone had the same issue?