Secret Project Unveiling - vEarth (Virtual Earth)

this project has been in the making for some time now,
initially on paper, than as a proof of concept, and now it is in full on development!

with this project we aim for a new experience when it comes to Photoreal scenery integration!
we are still working and developing in-house functionalities we need to achieve this experience,

starting with color corrected Photoreal imagery! for ALL N.A. collected no earlier than 2015!
as it stands our standards are LOD15! we will include all seasons variations! and Night!
(we may or may not mix High res with lower res imagery in metro area's,
our rational is... there is no point in using high res imagery than covering it with objects that block the imagery anyway)

beside a complete special edition Night Environment style Lighting system (Autogen based with traffic!!!)
what makes this project different than what most already familiar with is...

we detect the data we render directly from the actual imagery we use!!!

Project full Detail and info here

KIMM to KAPF Part-1

KIMM to KAPF Part-2

Thank you Phil, and YVW :)

this is the holy grail of Photoreal Scenery in the making,

i will try to keep everyone updated as we progress with this project,

we showcase mainly trees detection there; but you can also spot other elements we have developed,

such as extremely complex water rendering (thought we didn't use our full data there; the concept is present); including coastlines, and traffic,

everything you see is an automated process driven 100% by vector data!

14 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

things can change in the future for UK,

(in the future we may be able to share existing data with a potential partner ;))

beside... you guys have decent work done already by Earth Simulation,

Perhaps not due to Andrew's rationale but I dont see imagery for the UK getting substantially cheaper :(

You are such a tease though Chris, referencing a potential partner :P. I wont even ask as I know you wouldnt tell me!

and yes, ES did do some very good work, but the processes you are implementing here are an order of magnitude above the general Treescapes product line that ES sold...the other more detailed areas by ES were much much smaller than youre aiming for!  If you can come anywhere near to Shawbury Fields kind of quality with autogen autodetected buildings I will send you a truckload of beer :P

Cheers K

• Like 1

if you recall this project started because of you! and PCAviator (aka Robert;  thats all the clues ill put out there for now ;)

a truck load  plus.... the pint you already promised me! your total comes up to a pint plus a truckload ;)

by the way i coined a new Phrase (seriously i posted on our vEarth thread :))

"AccuGen" as its name suggests its an accurate Autogen; as a pose to the standard Autogen which is random every time its loaded,

both are controlled via the same sliders; only AccuGen's object aren't random, they will always appear in the same exact location over the Photoreal imagery when allowed to run,

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

if you recall this project started because of you! and PCAviator (aka Robert;  thats all the clues ill put out there for now ;)

a truck load  plus.... the pint you already promised me! your total comes up to a pint plus a truckload ;)

by the way i coined a new Phrase (seriously i posted on our vEarth thread :))

"AccuGen" as its name suggests its an accurate Autogen; as a pose to the standard Autogen which is random every time its loaded,

both are controlled via the same sliders; only AccuGen's object aren't random, they will always appear in the same exact location over the Photoreal imagery when allowed to run,

I'll just sit back and wait for that royalty check then :P

like the accugen name...is that what youre going to market it as?

There'll be a matchbox truck in the mail to you with a bottle :P

• Like 1

royalty check... i need to taste that beer first!

hold on one sec there... does the truck comes inside the bottle like a ship? than no deal! :P

AccuGen is a new term we will use to describe our accurate Autogen libraries from now on,

i think its more fitting and doesn't hurt AccuGen files feelings,

their a proud bunch of files ;)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

what is "my choice of brewery"?

Bubba's Stinking Creek micro-brewery in Booger Hollow, Arkansas, or Old Milwaukee - pick one.  "Billy" beer no longer available - the mule died.

John

• Like 1
On 10/12/2016 at 14:41, allardjd said:

Smart man....

John

One of my favorite beers is from Montana I think, it's called Moose Drool. So the idea of something named Beaver Booger Brew is not instantly repelling to me. I'd be willing to give it a try. Especially if it had a nice jingle attached to it. Something like Bever Booger Brew, it's the water, and a Snot more.

If the label had an illustration of a beaver clearing its nose across the lake from the brewery, done deal, send me a case.

Edited by Captain Coffee

vEarth Project - Night Light Test (Florida KIMM to KAPF)

this is our Special Night Environment AccuGen Edition that is part of vEarth!

(this is not Night Environment Florida! and this is not Black Marble!)

this is Autogen based system controlled via internal native Sim density sliders,

(no control panel, no manager, or any configs required)

Part 1

Part 2

• Like 2