iBlueYonder -Orbx partnership announced!

For Immediate Release

Toowong, Australia, March 21st, 2018

Orbx today announced that renowned flight simulation developer Bill Womack has rejoined the Orbx team and all his iBlueYonder titles for FSX/P3D and X-Plane will now be published through OrbxDirect.com.

Orbx CEO John Venema today said “I am absolutely thrilled to welcome Bill back into the Orbx family! He and I have remained great friends for the past decade and I was delighted when he approached me to have us publish his iconic airports he has developed under his own brand iBlueYonder in the intervening years.”

Bill Womack said “My goals have always closely tracked with those of Orbx; to create small airfields that are full of character and long on immersion. Lately though, I’ve been branching out to larger, more complex projects that require more time and energy than one person can give. It takes a team to get work of this caliber done, and Orbx certainly has the right developers for the job.”

Bill continued “I’ve also been expanding my reach to target new simulator platforms such as X-Plane 11. Here again, Orbx is on that same wavelength, not only with X-Plane, but Aerofly FS2 as well. The combination of our years of experience with the potential of these new sims is incredibly exciting.”

hn Venema added “We been discussing some of his projects that are planned and I can say we are all excited at what is coming down the line. Bill is very enthusiastic about the X-Plane platform so that fits with our expansion plans for 2018/19 perfectly.”

Bill concluded with “So why rejoin the Orbx development team? In short, it’s just the best fit I could imagine. My work has always been built to fit nicely into the Orbx ecosystem, and with their support and that of the huge Orbx community, the potential for creating increasingly amazing products is unlimited. I’m so tickled to be back!”

Venema finished with “Please join me in welcoming Bill back to the team and to celebrate we will be holding a ‘Bill’s Back!’ special discount on all his airports for Orbx customers and also providing a free license transfer service for all iBlueYonder.com customers who will be able to transfer their previous purchases from iBlueYonder to OrbxDirect and also benefit from new PeopleFlow and ObjectFlow upgrades to their airports”.

Nantucket Island and Minute Man & Plum Island for FSX/P3D and X-Plane 11 will soon be available on the OrbxDirect store.

/End Release

So, what does this mean for current iBlueYonder customers?
Soon, we’ll be giving you a link to migrate your iblueyonder.com account to orbxdirect – but only if you want to. If you choose to migrate, you’ll be able to download the iBlueYonder products you currently own via FTX Central. In addition, those products will have some enhancements such as animated PeopleFlow people at no additional charge.

Migration will be available only for purchases made through iblueyonder.com. If you bought our products via a third-party store, they will still be responsible for delivering your downloads, but no migration path will be offered to Orbx.

If you choose not to migrate your account to Orbx, fear not! Nothing will change regarding your ability to manage your account on this site or download your existing purchases as you always have.

New iBlueYonder products will be released via orbxdirect.com only, however. We’ll still feature work here and keep our users current on what’s happening, but the “buy now” buttons for new work will lead to the Orbx store.

We think this is a major positive development, both for us and for you as well. We’re looking forward to seeing what this new partnership brings!

https://iblueyonder.com/iblueyonder-orbx-partnership/

• Like 1