Handley Page Victor B.1 , early test aircraft. 1/96 scale Lindbergh kit.  The actual original mold dates back to the late 50s so I've needed to make a few improvements. Scratch built both engine intakes, added the stabilizer fins to the rear dive brakes, plus a few  other minor bits. All decals are from the spares box as the originals were shot.  Tons of nose weight needed  as she is a notorious tail sitter if built without any. I've also included a photo of the real aircraft on which this model is based. It's not completely accurate but hey, I'm pleased with the way she came out. Thanks for viewing.

AGOk61k.jpg
nRTNA5P.jpg
i04DBC5.jpg
i4wEBL2.jpg
NbwEYgf.jpg
B8ufRGJ.jpg
mjg7pQM.jpg
WlNd3Rj.jpg
o5cac1E.jpg
GLf8Pw1.jpg
Kpq8lbO.jpg

• Like 1

Wow!  Just how long had you had that old Lindbergh kit, Alan!  I thought that it came out before the ark!!  :P

I had the Lindbergh Vulcan which never got built as the (original) Airfix one came out.  It is nice to see that Airfix are bringing out a NEW Vulcan this year, but my model making days are over and what was my model making time is now flight simulation time!  I do have the Just Flight Vulcan and if a Victor came out, that would make it onto my 'wants list' as looks like a lovely plane.

Best wishes

Martin

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 28/02/2020 at 03:59, dogtrack said:

Nice one Alan.  Surprised you still have the space to display all these models.

Thanks Arnold. I only keep a few out at a time. The rest are in storage boxes. Ideally I need a complete museum to display them all, there's over 2000 of them! 

• Thanks 1
On 27/02/2020 at 05:55, Tristarcaptain said:

Wow!  Just how long had you had that old Lindbergh kit, Alan!  I thought that it came out before the ark!!  :P

I had the Lindbergh Vulcan which never got built as the (original) Airfix one came out.  It is nice to see that Airfix are bringing out a NEW Vulcan this year, but my model making days are over and what was my model making time is now flight simulation time!  I do have the Just Flight Vulcan and if a Victor came out, that would make it onto my 'wants list' as looks like a lovely plane.

Best wishes

Martin

It's an old kit for sure but as can be seen, you can make a decent model out of it.  I just wish Airfix would do a decent B.1 Victor and Vulcan to go with their B.2 versions. The consensus at model shows is that they should, but Airfix/Humbrol don't listen.