So....in these trying times when many of us are confined to home (more flight sim time!!) because of circumstances, I am wondering who has study sims (and actually DOES study them!) and who flits from plane to plane?

I must admit that I am more if a 'flitter' with spending a bit of time on one plane then moving to another.  I do have a few study sims, but usually end up getting frustrated with them!!

Cheers and stay safe!

Martin

• 4 months later...

I started really getting into the A2A c172 after flying in South Africa IRL. Apart from that I was a 'flitter'.

Now I have rebuilt Flight Sim PC with P3dv5 and Aerosoft A318-21 installed, I'm probably going to try and start learning it from scratch.  Unfortunately, A2A won't offer any discount (not even a measily fiver) on a p3d version so stuff them... they've lost my business,  well, for the moment at least..

Yep...some people can be really stingy.  Would think that they would a bit more generous these days, with a lot of businesses going under!

I have a new PC now which is much better performance.  I recently bought the Aerosoft CRJ, which is quite an in depth sim.  I am enjoying....it is a plane I flew in a few times between Indy and Chicago. Happy memories.  :)

11 hours ago, Tristarcaptain said:

I recently bought the Aerosoft CRJ, which is quite an in depth sim.  I am enjoying....it is a plane I flew in a few times between Indy and Chicago. Happy memories.  :)

I've always liked Aerosoft products and the immense amount of help and support I've had from their customer service team (Tom Flashman gets a shout out here) whilst trying to move my FSX products across to P3DV5 means they will certainly be getting my business going forward. 

I do, however, have an embarrassingly large pile of software that I now have to figure out whether I can ever use it with P3D or if I'll have to say goodbye to it. :blink2:

Enjoy the CRJ :)

9 hours ago, hlminx said:

I've always liked Aerosoft products and the immense amount of help and support I've had from their customer service team (Tom Flashman gets a shout out here) whilst trying to move my FSX products across to P3DV5 means they will certainly be getting my business going forward. 

I do, however, have an embarrassingly large pile of software that I now have to figure out whether I can ever use it with P3D or if I'll have to say goodbye to it. :blink2:

Enjoy the CRJ :)

Thanks!  Aerosoft do indeed do good stuff.  I have a few military aircraft of theirs too. ;)

I know what you mean about FSX stuff that is not compatible with PD3.  I do have a softspoft for FSX, so may try it again on my new PC.  I miss the CaptainSim Boeing 707 and C-130!

I am on PD3 V3, but hope to move up to V4 soon. (I don't think my pc will handle V5).  How is the C-130 Hercules and F-16 on P3D v4 and 5?

Take care and stay safe.

Martin

I'm still struggling with P3Dv5 - spend most of my time with it trying to combat weird scenery glitches, and planes that don't work (plus a UI that makes Slow and Unresponsive into a new artform!) My actual flying is still done in v4.5...

• 1 month later...

Flight sims are too much fun to stick with one aircraft for too long, that's not to say I don't take the time to learn the checklists and try to fly by the book. Airliners of course take more time than GA yet give more back in pride if one has the time. If time is limited I am not beyond Control+E and taking a spin with no rules but my own.:pilotic:

The ultimate dream in life is to be able to do what you love and learn something from it.  -JLH

On 26/07/2020 at 09:32, hlminx said:

I do, however, have an embarrassingly large pile of software that I now have to figure out whether I can ever use it with P3D or if I'll have to say goodbye to it

You and me both, Steph.  :yikes:

On 15/09/2020 at 07:43, Flit said:

I Flit.

It bothers me actually. I often think I need to be less 'flittish' and complete my study of the study sim.

I know what you mean...I find it hard to contrate on just one when there are so many 'new toys' in the hanger.

23 hours ago, Tristarcaptain said:

I sometimes buy stuff and then it sits around for sometime before it gets tried!  Am I normal...??:whis:

More normal than me !!  :wacko2:

I have bought stuff and never used it.  My first download was for Juneau in FS8 days. Ah well, such is life.

• 2 months later...

I flit, However cannot do either at the moment as this computer doesn't seem to be able to run the sim at all. (It needs a much better graphics card for one thing,) But then it was built in a hurry after my usual one was "stolen" by the cops. All my drivers, aircraft etc are on that one as well. I can't even run CFS3 on this one either. (it doesn't like W10) .

I flit: if I own a plane, I need to fly it! Can't be leaving stuff in my hangar unflown...

(had my first jet flight in MSFS last night :) Didn't even crash! Although Plan-G only added part of the flight to my logbook, so that was a bug I was fixing at midnight, lol)

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

I was a flitter and then one day I sat down and worked out how much I spent on fs addons. Frightening!  So now I have rules, if the RAF didn't fly it, then I don't. 

It has saved me money, and has concentrated my mind on just a few aircraft although I still found myself accumulating aircraft very rapidly. 

Now I have a ban on new aircraft until I can fly all I have very well.  I have a lot of work to do......

The whole set of constraints falls apart when I start to look at what I spend on scenery, hardware and other addons..... :fool:

17 hours ago, J G said:

I was a flitter and then one day I sat down and worked out how much I spent on fs addons. Frightening!  So now I have rules, if the RAF didn't fly it, then I don't. 

It has saved me money, and has concentrated my mind on just a few aircraft although I still found myself accumulating aircraft very rapidly. 

Now I have a ban on new aircraft until I can fly all I have very well.  I have a lot of work to do......

The whole set of constraints falls apart when I start to look at what I spend on scenery, hardware and other addons..... :fool:

Wow...it must take a LOT of willpower not to buy nice, new, shiny planes!  I used to make models....you should have seen my 'stash'...it was like a mini-model shop!:D