VoxATC V6 released

3 December 2010 Version 6 released

The most advanced ATC add-on for FSX takes another leap forward. The new release includes several major new unique features:

VoxATC now uses the SIDs and STARs in the Navdata Airac cycles. This adds a major component missing from FSX ATC (built in or add-on). SIDs and STARs are assigned in clearances based upon the flight plan and the runway in use. Procedures are referred to by their full name not just the code.

Flights can be created with alternate routings as variations on the filed flight plan. ATC will then issue a clearance including a full routing for the variation from the original flight plan.

After a missed approach, a diversion to an alternate can be chosen.

Any SAPI voice available on your system can be used as a controller or pilot voice. The volume and speed of each can be set individually. VoxATC can also use the open source VoxPop Voices. As many voices as the resources of the system can support may be used with VoxATC.

More here We hope to bring you a review in the New Year.

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the HU.

Do you know if it's a free upgrade for us existing users?

It sounds like a really good overhaul.

Cheers

Brian

I don't think so sad.gif this is the download version available direct from VoxATC and they quote:

The current version of VoxATC X is 6.04. If you wish to upgrade, uninstall your current VoxATC X and download and install this version. Registration keys for versions earlier than 6 will not work with this version

I have just checked with RCS, The latest DVD version from RC Simulations should be available in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Joe

• 4 months later...

Don't know if you're updated on this, Brian, but the cost for upgrading to v6 is reduced if you have v5.

I have v5 and I think it fulfills my needs perfectly, so I will steer clear of 6 unless it offers something fundamentally more than v5. Have to wait for the review, I guess - but I definitely won't get bored waiting! :001_th_smiles89:

It's very rare I fly IFR in any case - but I really enjoy VoxATC for VFR flying, especially in more remote locations, with Air Hauler, for example (such as the Hebrides, arf!) :lol:

In addition, the AI it produces is outstanding, imho, and more authentic, procedure-wise, than any AI package I have come across.

JD

PS - here ya go:

Registration

Before registering VoxATC, ensure that it's installed and working to your satisfaction. If you have any problems or queries, please contact us

Registration costs £44.99. There is a £20.0 discount for version 5 registered users. If you don't have a version 5 registration, leave it blank.

also note:

Will Version 6 work with the UK Enhancement

Yes, only uninstall VoxATC X before installing V 6. The UK Enhancement is being upgraded and so won't be available to new users until this is completed.