Plan-G 2.0.5 update Now available

BannerBlueStrobe.gif

Bug fixes and enhancements. This is a recommended update for all Plan-G users, also includes an updated manual.

And what’s in this new version? Here’s the list:

* Fixed error decoding region ID for intersections

* Fixed error reading FSX plan if LLA string had extra spaces

* Fixed various errors with KML dialog

* Added ability to specify additional folders to search for airports etc to be added to the db

* Fixed rounding error writing lat/lon coordinates to FSX PLN could result in navaids plotted on equator or Greenwich meridian.

* Fixed owner not set on several dialogs, so they were not correctly positioned on opening

* Added checkbox to toggle Orbx kmz links

* OZx kmz links added to the list

* Fixed red line drawn from the equator (0,0) if approach added to alternate airport

* Fixed unable to delete entries from the cfg locations dialog

* Fixed various minor dialog glitches

* Version number synchronised with manual

The update checker within Plan-G should start telling current users that the update is available, and, as always it can be downloaded from the forum.

See the Plan-G page, or go to the forum for more details.

/end

ok...i've not heard nor seen this software beofre this thread and, from 1st looks, it seems to be fantastic with rave reviews to back up the theory.

other than being, what looks like, a seriously well put together Flight Plan software....what else does it do? I mean can it be compared to FSNav in terms of controlling the aircraft via AutoPilot...i use this on my long tube-liner flights every now and then.

No it doesn't control the aircraft. It can monitor your flight and black-box it, but not actively control the aircraft.

There will be a minor update to the update later today, but if you've already installed 2.0.5, you won't need to reinstall - it'll be a simple copy over the top job. :)

No it doesn't control the aircraft. It can monitor your flight and black-box it, but not actively control the aircraft.

There will be a minor update to the update later today, but if you've already installed 2.0.5, you won't need to reinstall - it'll be a simple copy over the top job. :)

oh well, not to worry... I've been finding FSNav is a bit on the Luddite side for a while, will download and install PlanG and see what it offers...and whilst i'm at it, can i import elevation data into it for the lawn-mower flights i tend to find myself flying?

Simi, when you have downloaded it take time to go through the tutorial flight as it gives you a much better understanding of what can be achieved.

I must admit I skipped the tutorial when I first downloaded Plan-G and didn't bother reading it until much later, and regert it.

Tim, I've managed to rebuild the database for FSX no probs, but even though it correctly finds FS9 on my 'I' drive, the option to build the database isn't clickable. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim - many, many thanks for the most useful bit of software I've used alongside FSX. Plan-G makes up for so many shortcomings - pitiful flight planner in FSX, absence of land in FSX 'Map' function when using Gen-X photo-scenery, identifying best approach in absence of ILS - I could go on. Let's just say Bl**dy Fantastic, Mate! Thanks. :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

The update wot I mentioned higher up is now available from my forum. You can either download a small patch, which you simply copy over the top of your existing program, or you can redownload the full installer. Don't download the patch if you haven't already installed the older 2.0.5, or I will call you names. ;)

Rob: Is FS9 local or on a network? Have you tried setting the path to it in the Locations dialog?

Dai: Do you want to do the Welsh translation for v3...?

Ok, I've had a play around with it. It seems it doesn't activate the button when you change that dialog. Shut down Plan-G and restart it, and it should pick it up. I'll fix it for the next release (if only you'd mentioned it a day sooner... ;))

If FS9 is installed on the same PC, Plan-G ought to have detected it anyhow from the registry. If it doesn't, you might need to run one of those FS registry repair tools.

Hi Jack,

I don't want to appear rude, but could you ask again on my support forum? This is Joe's Press Releases forum after all, not Plan-G support, and I don't want to abuse my welcome here...