New Computer Video

Nice rig and a good video. I just got the same video card a few weeks ago (EVGA brand).

I have a question though. Why only a 500W PSU? I should think you'd want a larger one, and it doesn't cost that much more for a 650 or 750W.

Hey Andrew,

Great video. Good luck with your gaming PC when you come to build it. WEll done on your first self build.

How satisfying was that eh?

regards :001_th_smiles89:

There was a little heat between me and my dad when I hinted that I wanted something better (i7 2600K with a GTX 570)... LOL :P

Finally was convinced when I tested out Bad Company 2 and FSX and they both ran pretty well.

But overall, I felt that that was a major milestone... I probably will upgrade most of my parts next year to Ivy Bridge.

• 2 months later...

Apologies all round for my long absent as I been busy with life in general.

Anyway, I finally updated my ageing 8800GT by purchasing a secondhand Asus ENGTX285 for an excellent price of £58. Cannot say how please I am with this upgrade - running FSX in all it's glory with acceptable frame rate. I've noticed that the 285 is extremely friendly with Clouds with hardly no frame rate hits, unlike my old 8800GT which did suffer with heavy Clouds formations.

Now running GTX285 with my Phenom II X4 955 BE at stock speed. Still debating whether to oc my CPU as I'm happy as it is. I'm not a heavy gamer on the PC, hence the reason why I didn't pursue getting a GTX 460 or higher. I have a PS3 for gaming anyway.

So in all, a very happy bunny with my setup .