REX Essential (new update on it's way :) )

• 1 month later...

Hi Graham,

If I hear anything I will let you know, the announcement was right on the heels of the AS2012 release so I expect it was probably before they really wanted to make it public.

I guess they would rather have a well-tested product then to release in haste, it is a major upgrade and free so we can't rattle the cage too much!

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Graham,

They have been messing around with the forum sigs so if yours is a linked one that will happen.

Cheers,

Joe

yep, that's what I think too, and I see that you have one as well now :)

BTW: I hope that you have a review planned for when it get's released ;)

Cheer's...Graham...

It will be as good as "REX3" Graham, it has been a year in the making and will be a significant advance.

REX are good to their core product supporters, you don't see this level of user reward anywhere else. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From Jaykae at the REX forum, better get downloading chaps :dance3:

The time has come! REX Game Studios is proud to bring you REX Essential for FSX and PREPAR3D.

Over the past year our team has worked diligently, and as a result of our customers’ feedback, we’ve added over 50 enhancements to our software solution for FSX and Prepar3D.

Enhancements include performance improvements, intuitive navigation, a new customizable, industrial-strength weather engine, FlightAware integration, a powerful new flight planner, "cloud" sharing, backup services and much, much more!

We are thankful to each and every one of you for standing by us and making REX Essential your one-stop FSX and Prepar3D solution.

Enjoy this FREE package!

TEAM REX

I'm waiting for the update! Make sure not to install on top of your current REX version.

From a previous topic on the REX forums:

The version of REX Essential we have developed and currently in final stages of testing is the FULL version of REX Essential. From this version we will be compiling the actual free update for all REX2 2.3.2010.1027 users. Following that will be compiling and testing the FULL version of REX Essential OverDrive, and then from there we'll be creating the update patch for users with version 2.5.2010.1027. Below is the order in which they will be ready and available:

- REX Essential FULL version

- REX Essential Update for current REX2 customers with version 2.3.2010.1027

- REX Essential OverDrive FULL version

- REX Essential OverDrive Update for current REX2+OD customers with version 2.5.2010.1027

Things are looking good, got a perfect download on my first try from FSS, and it only took 3 hours from the USA server ;) .

incase any of you don't already know it, you can get the full 4.25 GB version at the flightsimstore if you bought your original copy of REX2 from them, just go into your FSS account and look for your order for REX2 in your purchase history :)

Cheer's...Graham...