• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wing struts above the wing have to be big - they're in compression rather than tension and have to be beefy enough to not buckle. Wings struts below the wing are in tension and the load-bearing elemen

But can it lay an egg?   I've seen photos of that one before but don't know what it is or where it's based.  Such poor taste in flying objects is more commonly seen in the hot air balloon ge

What a cock up.

Posted Images

Sorry, John - B737-200 "Classic" - steam guages, same engines (almost) as the B727, most produced large jet-powered civilian aircraft (I think) - say no more...

O.K., here you go:

GTAircraft_15Jan12_01.jpg

You may know it - more clues if'n you don't. :whis:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

I'm thinking it's a copter - odd stick, odd placement of it.

I thought the same thing. The stick and that little window next to the pedals does point in that direction, but it does look like there's a prop spinning outside the windscreen...

In other words I have no idea what where to even start guessing.. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah Dai,

Ever, the eclectic and obscure. The stick yoke and your penchant for helicopters initially served to confuse, but gliders also have a stick type yoke. In this case, it is a Grob G 109 (probably the B variant), touring motor glider. In RAF service as the Vigilant T1.

Cheers

Andrew

Well Done, Andrew - you pipped the Birthday Boy to the post! :thum:

One of these trainers (hence the picture of 'plimsoles' - hah, remember when we used to call 'em that?!?) flew across the valley, recently. Identified as a Grob from RAF Cosford, just a few miles east of us. A cross between a glider and a small GA - must be fun. Sorry about the joystick confusion...

Me - eclectic? I'll have to think about that! :whis:

Cheers - Dai. :cool: