• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wing struts above the wing have to be big - they're in compression rather than tension and have to be beefy enough to not buckle. Wings struts below the wing are in tension and the load-bearing elemen

But can it lay an egg?   I've seen photos of that one before but don't know what it is or where it's based.  Such poor taste in flying objects is more commonly seen in the hot air balloon ge

What a cock up.

Posted Images

Four engine jets from Canada.. can't be to many to pick from..

The only one I've found so far is the Avro Canada C102 Jetliner, so I think that should be a good guess at least...

Darn, I was so sure all Dash planes were twin engine, so I just skipped those when going through the Bombardier list :(

The turbo-prop possibility did hit me, but not until I was in my car heading home.

Correct!

Clues - Right Continent - North America,

Close relationship with the Bristol Britannia (some say it's the same aircraft built in Canada, but that's wrong)

4 turboprops

Canadair now build Canadair Regional Jet's (CRJ's) for Bombardier

Your turn John!

This is a photo of a model uner construction (not by me). I've cropped out some of the more distinctive features of the AC but there are still a few showing. I'm thinking Chuck is going to be all over this like stink on a skunk.

John

y4mtsUzNE-uzJCHG7xz928_1YwpP19iuY7lSOx2o

I figured you'd have it in a millisecond, Kieran.

The weapons mix in the bomb bay might be a clue to some; the two forward, outboard weapons and some of the others, if identified, might be a clue to the role of the AC. Also, the nose strut is pretty unique. Of course the "appendage" at the rear is a dead giveaway, if you're familiar with the type at all.

John