KCFS RC-3 Seabee released!

seabee_something_new_v.jpg

KC FlightShop Introduces the Republic RC-3 Seabee an all-metal

amphibious sports aircraft designed by Percival Spencer in 1944 and the RC-1 made its first flight with Spencer at the controls. By the end of 1944 Republic had received 1,972 civilian orders for the $3,500 airplane. The Navy granted Republic Aviation the rights to use the name Seabee for the civilian version. Today, more than 60 years after production ended, the Seabee is still the most popular amphibian on the used-market…

The KC FlightShop recreates the first production RC-3 Seabee with

original equipment as released from the factory for a vintage flight

experience, the fully interactive VC uses 3D gauges throughout with every system modeled.

• Features include HD quality textures (2048 x 2048).
  • Authentic HQ digital stereo sounds.
  • Fully animated pilot
  • Kneeboard checklist with performance tables.
  • Realistic night lights effect in the virtual cockpit..
  • FSX features: external dynamic shadows, internal dynamic shadows on VC, volumetric normal mapping, specular mapping and bloom lights.
  • FPS. friendly model
  • Interactive virtual cockpit.
  • Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels and trim tab
  • Animated Doors
  • Lights: Panel Lights, Navigation lights, landing and cabin lights.
  • Fully normal mapped interior.
  • Compatible with Addon Hardware and Shared Cockpit Functions
  • Easy to use paintkit
  • Realistic behaviour, pilot tested to match the real airplane.
  • Help from many pilot and owners of real Seabee’s for accuracy and authenticity

Visit the KC FlightShop http://www.kcflights...om/?page_id=245 for a look at this new release!

I've been looking for a good SeeBee model before, so this is going on to the To Get list right away.....

just love the look of that little plane.

Some great repaint to JK.. and nice to see some swedish liveries too...

If you want some inspiration for other repaints there's two of them on display in this topic.

More info on SE-IIO can be found here.

More info on SE-AXY can be found here.

And from the looks of it www.seebee.info is a great source of information on Seebees in general...

Bring it on Joe.. with some luck I might even have it done before I can get my hands on FS2Crew from the NGX.

I should be done with the Comet by the weekend, had some time over for writing after Kasper went to sleep last night, and hopefully I can get the text more or less done tonight or tomorrow night (one upside with having him in day care is that he's exhausted when it's time to sleep). Then I need to grab some more shots too, after getting used to EzDok it's so much easier to get a shot of what I want to show off in the VC.

I bought this wonderful aircraft a few days ago now, and I am very impressed. KCFlight have done a great job, and JK has excelled himself with the repaints - the aptly named VH-WET being my favourite! Their forums are excellent and the few little niggles that us hawk-eyed flyers discovered, have been taken note of in a gracious manner and I am sure will be dealt with in due course.

As I said on their forum, KCFlight have captured the essence of this aircraft, and I can see it fitting in perfectly with the Atolls Of Tuvalu scenery I bought some time ago - I've just got to fly VH-WET (currently not airworthy in the RW, and based in North Queensland) from Mackay to the middle of the Pacific!

Can't wait for the review Micke!

Mal

The review copy was downloaded over the weekend, but I havn't had time to take it out for a test flight yet.

The young one has been a hand full over the last few days, and my wife is knocked out with the flu. Just have to love that timing :gaah:

Now that was a nice experience, but cut short due to weahter... didn't fancy a trip in the NZ mountains with low visibility.

And I will need to take a more indepth look in the manual. Can't seem to get her started following the kneeboard checklist, nor can I find the Tail wheel lock switch or the Emergency fuel cut off switch mentioned in the checklist (or is that just the condition lever? otherwise that might be my problem eh....)....

And I will need to take a more indepth look in the manual. Can't seem to get her started following the kneeboard checklist, nor can I find the Tail wheel lock switch or the Emergency fuel cut off switch mentioned in the checklist (or is that just the condition lever? otherwise that might be my problem eh....)....

I had the same problem, and I found quite a few quirky things with this aircraft. Unless you are using a flight yoke with the full complement of levers, it is very confusing - the mixture lever works in reverse to the prop and throttle levers in that you pull it out to get full mixture. I don't know if that is a fault with the sim, but I have mentioned it on their forum. The magneto key is hidden under the yoke, and that has to be on, as does the battery control which is a push knob, and the interesting thing is that the fuel pressure switch (just to the right of the spring-loaded starter switch), must be set in the left or right position for the engine to start - if left in the middle 'off' position, it will never start.

Hope this helps, and like you Micke, I must read the Manual some time!

Mal

Hi Mel

Thanks for your input, but that won't help me I'm afraid. The magneto was set to both, the fuel pump set to left and the mixture I figured out thanks to the tooltip. And after reading the manual I suspect it should be worked in the same orientation as the throttle and prop lever so with the lever fully in you should have a full rich mixture.

The manual also mentions an emergency cut off switch located under or close to the pilot seat. Hopefully I will have some time tonight to check for that one.

Well, I found the emergency cut off valve, but that wasn't my problem. I exists in the model located close to the floor just aft of the flap and gear levers, but it's non-functional.

It's set to open and won't budge when I click it. Not to much of a surprise since the mouse pointer didn't change into a hand either.....

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

does anyone know what happened to their forums? I mean I can see what happened, but is there another place for owners to exchange?

Like news regarding any possible expansions etc. that Kevin mentioned on FSBreak?

Cheers

Stefan