Benchmarked FSX Acc. vs. Prepar3D v1.2

Interesting - I knew when I tried out P3D (thanks PC Pilot!) that it didn't seem much better than FSX in terms of performance, and this certainly confirms that!

No need to waste $600 then! :D (but even if the performance was better, I would have stuck with FSX)

Thanks Indeed surprising - my experience has been few frames more if that, but much smoother - and notably in ES Shawbury, no black spikes that I get with FSX. Course now I've changed my card, FSX /FRAPS reporting 200 FSP which is weird, but I've got it limited in nVidia inspector to 30 anyway. I'm going to benchmark some myself and see. I've just took out a 6 month on P3D. . . .

Are your P3D and FSX installs identical? That is - exact same settings and exact same addons installed in both sims? P3D seemd better to me the first time I tried it, but it was clean of addons, unlike my FSX install which had at least 30 different things running in it.

Interesting - I knew when I tried out P3D (thanks PC Pilot!) that it didn't seem much better than FSX in terms of performance, and this certainly confirms that!

No need to waste $600 then! :D (but even if the performance was better, I would have stuck with FSX)

I go with the $10 a month option. I think it is a decent price. During summer when I don't use my computer much - living in the bush - I don't need to pay anything, so to me it will cost nothing more than $50-70 a year. I use it for scenery creation. Nice to have an uncluttered sim for that.