banner.jpg

Our first review of the new month is VoxATC from RC Simulations.

Jack has been trying this out and comparing it to his real world experience as a student pilot.

Read Jacks appraisal here

WOW! No wonder it took you a while Jack, excellent review mate. I am definitely going to get the upgrade from Bob. Maybe get it at Weston if he's taking any with him.

Well done mate. :thum:

Hi Brian, I had a long conversation with Bob this morning on the phone, it's probably going to be a couple of months until Tegwin gets the updates finished but it will be free if you decide to buy "now".

Hi Brian, I had a long conversation with Bob this morning on the phone, it's probably going to be a couple of months until Tegwin gets the updates finished but it will be free if you decide to buy "now".

Thanks for that Joe.

I will get it now then.

See you soon. :D:thum:

Bu**er it, I just paid for the update Joe.

I will have some spare spondoolicks for the show though :D

EDIT: I also forgot to tell RCS that I am a member of your lovely Hangar :P:huh:

I thank you Sir. I'm sure I will get much pleasure from this purchase of such fine quality. :thum: I am hoping it will, (hopefully), respond to my witty reparte, providing it understands my accent that is :P .

Probably a stupid question but do you have to only speak for it to work or do they have an option to have it work like the default ATC with the keypad or curser. That would be a nice option so that I wouldn't drive the honey bun crazy and still get an advanced working model.

Hi Brett,

There is the option to press a number corresponding to whatever response you wish to give, similar to the default FSX.

Having said that, it is really worth conversing with ATC as it does add that extra element of realism to your flight experience.

Buy her some ear plugs. :P

Cheers :thum:

Ha, thanks. I'm afraid she will plug me first. :D

It does look like it would be alot of fun and good practice to boot. I have never used a radio to speak before and I'm sure I would have to untie my tongue a few times.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Sorry I keep missing this one and thanks for the PM.

I think I must have deleted my post in error.

VoxATC will work with P3D using something like the TweakFS "FSX registry tool" or the "FSX To Prepare3d Migration Tool" available from SimMarket.http://secure.simmarket.com/fsx-to-prepare3d-migration-tool.phtml I think they both work the same way by temporarily re-writing the registry entry to redirect FSX installations to your P3D location.

VoxATC will work ok with Ultimate Traffic 2 which uses SimConnect to inject traffic and it will work with the likes of TrafficX and MyTraffic Ai as well. Of course VoxATC cannot control those aircraft as they are under control of FSX ATC.

Hope that helps, I am not so up with the program as I don't have the latest version but Jack (Aircraft Aviation) is our expert ;)

Cheers,

Joe

• 10 months later...

Hi, figured I would bump this topic to ask if the newest versions of VoxATC and My Traffic X respectively are cross-functional. My question is, does VoxATC now "see" and/or control AI generated by MyTraffic X?

This is one of the rare times that a review would benefit from having a video.  If this sounds much better (read: not computer generated and random phrases) like Radar Contact, I am going to have to make a change.  Very nice review

@Rem: There's plenty of videos of VoxATC on YouTube, and unfortunately  they use computer generated voices unlike the pre-recorded voices in Radar Contact.

Check this for reference.