Best price/performance Graphics Card

I finally upgraded to a i5 2500k overclocked @ 4.4Ghz along with a Gigabyte Z77X - D3H mobo and 8 gig of ram.

Today, I ordered a Benq 22" G2222HDL 1080P monitor to replace my 7 yrs old 19" 4.3 1280/1024, and am wondering if my GTX 285 will cope with playing FSX at 1080P? Also, what GC would you recommend for both price and performance at £200 if I were to upgrade.

Hi WGUK

I have always been with nVidia so I would look here and see what's presently available in your price range, of course prices would be cheaper if you shop around.

Try and get up to the GTX 5... series ;)

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe, hope you are well and thanks for your reply. I also been looking at the 5 series and came across the 560 ti 448 cores which is suppose to be faster than the standard ti. However, I hear that the ATI HD 7850 is quite good in terms of price/performance.

Goose,

I am not sure how true it is but I've read in many places that FSX is more nVidia friendly. However, it may be that at a certain price-point you would get more speed from an ATI card. Swings and roundabouts! :wacko2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...