In the UK, this weekend marks the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II v4tunitedkingdom.gif

What I would like to see here are pictures preferably of any aircraft that has been in the Queen's (Or King's flight)

We will be generous and extend it to any Royal family in the world

Good luck, please checkout the rules if you are no already familiar with them. The competition closes 12:00 UTC 30th June 2012.

Rushing Home, June 1952 and HRH Princess Elizabeth returns home from Africa after the death of His Majesty King George Vl. She is to crowned and become our Queen. The aircraft is a Canadair Argonaut of BOAC

DC4MBoaccrz.jpg

Queens Flight Stalwart, the HS Andover CC2 served for many years with 32 squadron at RAF Benson as the Royal Flight. It's small size made it ideal for getting into tight airfields(such as those found on some of the Carribean islands and up in Scotland).

AndCC2pkd.jpg

Northolt Queen. Since 32 squadron moved to RAF Northolt they have been equipped with the BAe 146-CC2 replacing the aging Andovers. These aircraft carry all sorts of ECMs to prevent guided missile attacks.

BAe146CC2crz.jpg

Here are my first 2 pic's.

King Fahd departing Jordan in his 747-200 with his staff following behind in the baby Airbus, while his A340 is on standby duty.

2012-6-2_11-21-50-171.jpg

A Royal Saudi Comet 4C landing with King Hussein of Saudi Arabia onboard.

2012-6-2_12-22-2-843.jpg

A Royal Epic

1:

666re_1.jpg

2:

267ep_2.jpg

3:

213ep_3.jpg

:hat:

Ooops! Just re-read the rules, I think I have infringed it with this aircraft, as it has never been in the Royal flight. Moderator you can either delete off or leave in but exclude from competition..

James

"That was a right Royal cockup by me".. :(

James, love the shots but they would not be eligible, you can always edit your post and change them for different shots any time before the competition ends. :)

Oh dear, a royal flight? That is going to be a tricky one for me...

However...

Supermarine Spitfire IIa P7981 was damaged in august 1941 in an emergency landing in Yorkshire while flying with 145 sqn and struck off charge. Persistent rumors state that the aircraft was subsequently repaired and used by Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands as his personal aircraft until 1944....does that count?

FX9655.jpg

FX9654.jpg

here you see him arriving at No 322 (Dutch) Sqn in 1943..

My last pic. British Aerospace 125 of No.32 ( The Royal Flight ) Squadon with the Queen on board flying over her house on route to Northolt AB. Where she will board one of her Helicopters to fly back to Buckingham Palace in time for tea.

2012-6-22_14-40-45-218.jpg

On 2 November 1977, Queen Elizabeth II travelled for the first time aboard Concorde. Her Majesty then flew from the Sir Grantley Adams International Airport,Barbados, to London Heathrow, England. That occasion was also the first visit by a Concorde aircraft to Barbados. The "Alpha Echo" aircraft which The Queen travelled was the last Concorde to fly supersonic to Barbados on 17 November 2003, as a delivery flight to the Barbados Concorde Experience museum where it remains on display.

2010-3-31_8-30-29-358.jpg

2010-3-26_1-56-35-974.jpg

2010-3-31_9-34-28-153.jpg

Best of luck all.

A bit of a last minute entry, but worth a shot! :P

Here are my attempts, im not entirely sure the aircraft is eligible for the competition though?!

Transporting some Royal VIPs on a nice day:

2012-6-30_22-1-22-798.jpg

Starting up, ready for some more VIP transportation in the Gazelle:

2012-6-30_22-4-47-624.jpg

Ready and waiting outside the Royal suite at Heathrow:

2012-6-30_22-8-33-17.jpg

Good luck all!!!

Sam :)

Does a Royal Pain in The a** qualify? Purchased this two days and still have not had a trouble free flight from takeoff to landing. So many buttons. :wacko2:

The realism and sound is amazing to the point of making me rethink how good of a pilot I thought I was. Humbled is a word that comes to mind.

flyinintoward3w5.jpg

East of 3W5 Thanks to Jankees for the repaint

Only kidding, I didn't have any Royal aircraft in my hanger. Good luck to this months participants.

Thanks to everyone who entered June's competition.

I guess the subject matter was too obscure? Anyhoo, that makes the winners entry even more impressive to me!

So without further ado I am pleased to announce the winner, with a picture of a Hawker Siddeley Andover CC.2 of the Queens Flight, is Garry Russell

Well done Garry, that aircraft was exactly what I had in my minds eye, well done, check your PM's :thum:

qf2.jpg