Leg 7: LTAG - OMDB [Long Post]

Howdy!

Well I guess it was my turn to fly the Baton, This time to Dubai. Here are some shots-I hope you enjoy looking at them, as much as I did flying it!

DXB is a Great Airport, Due to the fact you can you can flyto anywhere in the world from it!

Callsign: UAE259

Flightplan: DCT ADA UL601 KTN A21 TAN G202 PUSTO M203 ILMAP UP975 SIDAD R784 IMDAT B416 DURSI R784 EGMID B416 ORSAR G666 DESDI

Dep METAR:LTAG 181450Z 21011KT 9999 SCT035TCU 16/09 Q1012 NOSIG

Arr METAR:OMDB 180816Z 181212 31012KT 8000 NSC BECMG 1820 24006KT BECMG 0406 31016KT

On the Cargo Stand at LTAG. I don't think this airport was made for B744F's but O well. :-)

1-5.png

Starting Number 4.

2-5.png

Testing the Speedbrakes on our short taxi to Runway 23.

3-2.png

A close up of the Beast-Painted in the colours of my Favourite Airline, Emirates!

4.png

Lining Up. I think were slight too big for this Runway! :wink:

5.png

...And we're away-Dubai here we come! Part 7 is Alive

6.png

Gear Up

7.png

The sun's nearly setting...

8.png

Those were very turbulant clouds..

9.png

The top section of the PMDG 747-400F 2D Panel. Climbing slowly to FL350

10.png

And we're at our Cruise Level!

11.png

The Sun's getting Low :cool:

12.png

No..We arn't refueling... :yes:

13.png

One of my Favourite Shots!

14.png

Turning, Over one of many waypoints on the Route!

15.png

Very Nice...

16.png

That' s a BIG Cloud :dance:

18.png

And here is my Favourite Shot! It's now Night Time! :shock:

19.png

Just a few more from Cruise..

20.png

Close up of the 'Double Decker'

21.png

Turning over yet another Waypoint...

22.png

Starting the Decent...

23.png

Turning down the Coast..

24.png

Decending through the THICK Fog!

25.png

Flaps 20...

26.png

Visual with the Field

27.png

30L/12R hasn't been used all year due to work in progress...So it's 30R for me!

28.png

Head On!

29.png

100ft

30.png

50...30...20...10...Down!

31.png

Vacated Left!

32.png

Vacated 30L

33.png

This is my Home away from Home!

34.png

Can't wait till I'm here Real World in 10 Days!

35.png

As we approach the Stand...The taxi lights are turned off!

36.png

I've parked up here before Real World, In a Emirates B773ER. There obviously wasn't any free Stands..It then included a 50min Bus Ride to the Arrival Lounge!

37.png

Well that's the end of my First Leg!

Cheers,

Sam

:???:

fantastic shots! probably your best ever.

Must get around to getting FT's Dubai scenery - I have a few aircraft in my hangar in Emirates livery and nowhere to take them!

Im sure we shall see one of these again in the best of the week post next sunday.

:good Brilliant Sam, well done.

The best range of shots I've ever seen you post!

I agree with you about the livery, it's very classy. Lets hope who fly's the next leg has the FT scenery so we an see the terminals in all their glory.

Thanks for completing Leg 7, we're well on our way.

Cheers

some sweet shots you captured there Sam, just lovely!!

can i suggest the next stop be around the Eastern Bloc?

It would help set the following leg up for a 500NM trek across Russia, then China... Indonesia... Oz, New Zealand then Antarctic and on to Chile and South America, Mexico, USA, Canada, Greenland, Ireland, UK...bingo we're home!

It would help set the following leg up for a 500NM trek across Russia, then China... Indonesia... Oz, New Zealand then Antarctic and on to Chile and South America, Mexico, USA, Canada, Greenland, Ireland, UK...bingo we're home!

There's no rush to get home Simi because that will be the end of the challenge, we just want to see the world in as many steps as possible without getting too boring.

Then we'll start a new challenge!

a 500NM trek across Russia, then China... Indonesia... Oz, New Zealand then Antarctic and on to Chile and South America, Mexico, USA, Canada, Greenland, Ireland, UK...bingo we're home!

Oz?? Is that a reference to the land of Foster's in one quart cans? Never heard that one before. Must be a British thing, eh?

Wow! That's quite a trek. Not exactly the express route is it? Sounds like fun though.

John

There's no rush to get home Simi because that will be the end of the challenge, we just want to see the world in as many steps as possible without getting too boring.

Then we'll start a new challenge!

who said anything about rushing?? Thos steps would take anybody few months to fly in real life, i guestimated them to be well over 35,000 Miles when you take into account all of the to-ing and fro-ing...

If no-one else can fly, I would like to put in a tender to fly to Odessa in the Ukraine

Ukraine 'eh... hmm, if this leg goes ahead, i'd love to pick up the baton here and haul out the one of the smaller Antonovs, maybe the lovely bi-plane Antonov AN-2 'Annushka'... Mut can i, huh, huh... huh..... can i... puh-leeeeeezzzzzzz???

Looks as though there's no other offers at the moment so I will take up the baton and take it to Odessa. Unfortunately I haven't been able to re-activate my CS 727, I'm waiting for help from their support so the aircraft has gone tech.

I've seen something interesting parked up at OMDB so will call in a favour from one of my chums from Eastern airlines. They're servicing her now should be ready soon :dance: Keep an eye out for leg 8!

I thought a trip from the Ukraine would perk you up Simi! I think on this occasion knowing what interesting machines you have in your hangar that leg 9 will be yours (Sorry guys).

Cheers

Looks as though there's no other offers at the moment so I will take up the baton and take it to Odessa. Unfortunately I haven't been able to re-activate my CS 727, I'm waiting for help from their support so the aircraft has gone tech.

If you want some scenery for Odessa... (unfortunately its in russian)

http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml?action=download&id=6052

Anyway, if you want to tke it up to Riga i will fly something from there (Could take an Air Baltic aircraft to Tel Aviv)

If you want some scenery for Odessa... (unfortunately its in russian)

http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml?action=download&id=6052

Anyway, if you want to tke it up to Riga i will fly something from there (Could take an Air Baltic aircraft to Tel Aviv)

Thanks Fred I'll try to download it but I may have to register??!!

.....I thought a trip from the Ukraine would perk you up Simi! I think on this occasion knowing what interesting machines you have in your hangar that leg 9 will be yours (Sorry guys)...

cheer me up, you bet! its just a case of what on earth i haul out of the hangar now!!

see you all in Odessa!

Could not work out how to get that download of Odessa working so it will be plain old default scenery :dance:

mut, its on its way to me if you want a copy - it helps to use BabelFish with avsim.ru! - ... never the less, all 24MB of the scenery is travelling at a blistering 8Kbps to my machineall the way from Russia!

I'm looking to invest in a 727, are there any freeware 727's? Just so I can see what it's like..

Hi Sam,

Here is a link to a free 727 from Vista Liners...

http://www.eastern-va.com/vistaliners/downloads.htm

Here are some pics I did of her in an old Just Flight screen shot link.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16970&SearchTerms=727

Cheers

Mark :-)

NeedEnergyDrink.jpg

Could not work out how to get that download of Odessa working so it will be plain old default scenery :dance:

mut, its on its way to me if you want a copy - it helps to use BabelFish with avsim.ru! - ... never the less, all 24MB of the scenery is travelling at a blistering 8Kbps to my machineall the way from Russia!

i'm retracting this comment!!. Left it on all night, gets there this morning and its frozen at 66%, yet all other downloads finished normally... dont suppose i could request UKBB as the destination??

AVSim.com have scenery here

Thanks for trying Simi :dance:

Ok, I fancy some Chicken Kiev so UKBB it is then!

Thanks for the link to the new scenery.

awesome! only suggested it as it happens to be the home of Antonov Design Bureau my favourite cargo airline!......and of course its also home to the mighty AN225 'Myria' but i think she's a bit, shall we say overly large, for this mission... no, this calls for something bizzare or less common in most peoples hangars....