Farnborough Questions

Hello all

Just a quick question for anyone who has been to the Farnborough air show before, what sort of time do people start leaving or is it just a personal thing?

Also are there lots of stalls and shops to buy bit and pieces from?

And last of all is anyone going? I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks

Colin

Hey Colin,

I haven't been to Farnborough Airshow in over 20 years.

Don't forget it is primarily a commercial show with many corporate tents but there are usually lots of things to buy from the stalls as well.

I would leave after the last thing has flown!!

Have a great time and let us know how you get on :thum:

i used to live close to the airport for over 20 years and regularly went to the show , i was lucky enough to go on trade day most times, before the public were let in, However i suppose the last time I went was before moving to France some 10 years ago. at that time the show had changed to a large degree from a marketplace where sales of new a/c were made/announced to a more conventional airshow featuring aerobatic a/c and many other "acts" and more focussed to the general publics enjoyment. With that in mind more and more stands appeared in the public sector selling models and food and many non aviation orientated products. It is a reflection of the modern day industry as there are less and less players but non the less interesting from the show side of things. I just wish they would cough up the moolah to get the russians there again , that really made the show special

https://picasaweb.google.com/116556693702895018058/FlightSimulatorFiles?authkey=Gv1sRgCKXAo6GhkaOhJA#5758245829339911202

this pic was taken for the bggin hill show by a daily telegraph photographer from a cessna 207 i was flying

.https://picasaweb.google.com/116556693702895018058/FlightSimulatorFiles?authkey=Gv1sRgCKXAo6GhkaOhJA#5758245829339911202

this pic was taken for the bggin hill show by a daily telegraph photographer from a cessna 207 i was flying

Hi Britfrog,

Your picture link doesn't appear to work. Is it still available to view?

Cheers

Hi Colin,

I have been going to this airshow on and off over the past 50 years and yes it has changed alot since then due to Cost, H&S, Number of aircraft and so on. I did go to the 2010 show and went on the Enthusiast Day which was on the friday. I booked via PC Pilot mag. I had a Great day out and the show was good and best of all there was very few people there. you could walk along the flight line and stop almost anywhere next to the barrier, where as if you go on one of the public it's just a sea of people everywhere you go.

This year PC Pilot offer costs £54 and what you get is. :thum:

Entrance ticket for friday 13th July 2012.

Grandstand tiered seating ticket which is about halfway down the runway which gives Fantastic views. :thumbup:

Official FIA 2012 Souvenir Programme.

Free car parking in the general car park areas.Then you bus into the show.

You can also go into the Exhibition halls which are close on the public weekend.

Good luck and have a great day out and try to get there as early as you can if you are coming by car.

PS I stayed for an hour or so after the airshow ended to take pic's and watch aircraft depart. had a bonus as the Lanc, Spit. and Hurrie had a bit of a low fly around. :cloudnine:

.https://picasaweb.google.com/116556693702895018058/FlightSimulatorFiles?authkey=Gv1sRgCKXAo6GhkaOhJA#5758245829339911202

Hi Britfrog,

Your picture link doesn't appear to work. Is it still available to view?

Cheers

hopefully now fixed !!

Hi Mike

Thanks for the info, my mum and dad booked my tickets as my birthday present this year. We are going on the Saturday and have paid for the priority parking which was expensive but better for us with the kids!

We will have a great day and am looking forward to it and taking loads of pics!