Orbx - FTX: EU England Released

After years of waiting, the most anticipated region release from Orbx is here. This is the beautiful, green and lush country of England resplendent in all its glory and infinite charm.

With FTX you'll experience England like never before with five distinct and accurately coloured seasons; summer, spring, autumn, winter and hard winter, and of course the famous FTX night lighting with 3D light poles. From the cliffs of Dover to the entire City of London to the Lakes District to Southampton docks and port, there is so much to see and discover in this wonderful country! Like our North American and New Zealand regions, every single default FSX airport in England has received a major upgrade with accurate runways, taxiways, buildings, static aircraft, PeopleFlow2 and even grass! Every square kilometre of landclass has been painstakingly hand-crafted and all our textures are tight annotated with autogen including custom objects like phone boxes and churches. You will truly be able to fly low and slow over England for the first time and feel totally immersed no matter what season or time of day. You simply cannot miss FTX England!

- Over 130,410 sq km of FTX scenery!

- Brand new beautiful ground textures

- New trees made from local photographs

- Roads, rivers, coastlines, lakes, railways

- 10m Holgermesh for crisp definition

- All major and many minor airports upgraded

- Custom UK airport objects and markings

- Impressively detailed City of London

- Numerous polygon landclass areas

- Hand-crafted landclass for entire region

- Developed in Hampshire, UK

- Hand placed super-accurate autogen

Now available to download or pre-order on DVD from The FlightSim Store:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Orbx+-+FTX%3A+EU+England&x=0&y=0

ORB-712_pic7.jpg

ORB-712_pic5.jpg

ORB-712_pic3.jpg

I dunno - at GBP 25, you get a pretty good 'impression' of England. Convincing, if you don't know the area, I guess. And, let's face it, that's what Orb-X scenery is all about - improving your feeling of immersion, not depicting what's actually there. Doing an unbiased review will be fun...

As for Wales, I'm really looking forward to hearing the reactions from James, Sam, Jess and other Cymro members!

Hwyl - Dai. :cool:

"Quote" You know me, never knowingly undersold, a spade is a spade etc. etc. After months of waiting I have never been so disappointed in an add-on. birdmanmike.

Good on you Mike, at last a good view from a honest simmer. I said awhile ago that I was not impressed by the screenies. You have hit the release on the correct head by stating the incorrect representation that EU_England is.

I have noticed on the Orby site that a few are saying places of major VFR are missing, Runcon Viaduct etc., This release does not come near the 2 New Zealand Islands, you can follow your route on Google earth in NZSI and see the landscape as being correct, not so in England.

I think this was rushed out to soon to satisfy the market. So although I am a ORBX fan, I think I will be giving all of Europe a miss and staying with photoreal scenery, I fly high these days so it does not matter to me..

So it looks like waiting to see the Valley's in Wales release will then really make my mind up.

In the meantime I'll carry on eating my leeks.. :)

I could easily point out all the missing features in Hampshie and the floating building near the Needles on the Isle of Wight, it's not absolutely accurate, even Orbx's own UK building in Havant isn't correct.

However, I have only used it for a couple of hours and looked at my local area. I tried a flight out of London city and was suitably impressed, even the Olympic Stadium and that weird spiral staircase was modelled.

I am sure to a visitor, like I am to PNW and Aus, it looks brilliant, when it first loaded I thought I was looking at default scenery but realised I recognised the main roads and the rivers.

I am looking forward to exploring the rest of England and will wait to offer my opinion to then, whatever the outcome, the price point is excellent, £27 for the whole of England? I thought it was going to be around £49 .

Thanks for the feedback Mike.

I was flying an Alabeo Waco, OpusFSX weather, nVidia Inspector with sim on Tri-linear, unlimited FPS.

Mine was FSX but re-installing next week and majoring on A P3D Installation.

It's funny because I just clicked on the link and noticed that the DVD set is cheaper than the download. I have seen this before and always wondered why. I would think it would be the opposite. Can someone explain this to me please.

Is it a pre-release price?

Developers often give a discount for pre-release sales?

Ah yep, thats it, Thanks Joe. I guess they haven't burned the copies yet. I still remember seeing a few that fell into the case I discribed that weren't a pre-release that I thought. Will have to track them down.