Aerosoft - US Cities X - Los Angeles

Found Dai's review to be very comprehensive and a good read. Nice job Sir :thum:

Sounds like a rotorheads dream spot with all those helipads to land at and plenty to see along the way. I was surprised to see such a low score for something that sounded like it was not only a good value with what's included but that also encompasses such a large and densely packed scenery area. I'm sure they would have liked to add more detail but that would have been at the expense of an even larger download. Aerosoft has always IMO priced their products fairly in relation to what they are serving up. I wonder if recent complaints about the scores contributed to this, which in relation to past review scoring is somewhat unfair to this product if a policy change has been incorporated here at Mutley's. To bad, on a whole, they don't do away with the scoring system and just let the reviewers words and observations be the deciding factor for folks reading the reviews and deciding on a purchase. JMO and thanks for listening. ^_^

Hi Brett,

I would like to assure you that our policy has not changed one iota and this is purely the outcome of extensive research by Dai.

Rest assured nothing has changed in that respect :thum:

Cheers,

Joe

Funnily enough, my draft Review was in Joe's hands before the recent debate on review scoring, so Not Guilty on that point! I try to be consistent in my marking and I'll be honest, I liked the L.A.-X scenery a lot and was quite happy paying the GBP 16 for it - as you say, most of Aerosoft's add-ons are good value. However, some of the scenery object detail was poor and there were areas of default scenery left in which stood out like sore thumbs, more's the pity. Hence the marking down.

I think I have given a couple of reviews the top score and I firmly believe that they, Treescapes and Take-On-Helicopters, were exceptional. Thanks for your comments, though - it is appreciated! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

I would seriously consider getting the product since I do a lot of flying in and out of LAX, but I have MegaScenery X Socal.

The Aerosoft L.A.-X Manual staes:

Mega Scenery SoCal

In general it can be said that both sceneries merge quite well and are compatible to each other.

• Due to the lack of dense autogen in Mega Scenery you will encounter a lack of autogen when leaving

USC LA’s aerial image coverage areas. This looks less apparent when using FSX’s default scenery.

• Mega Scenery covers the water, particularly around LA port, with a darker layer that shows a few

squares when coming closer.

• Particularly around LA Port and the coastlines you will encounter ships, piers etc. rendered in the

aerial images (=flat). Those have been removed in USC LA to be replaced with 3D models but

reappear once you have Mega Scenery activated. In general the coastline might look a bit strange

here and there where the coastlines of both sceneries don't match (which they rarely do).

That said, you're going to get a lot more scenery objects with L.A.-X - the choice is yours!

Thanks - Dai. :cool: