I take my hat off to you, Rob. That Review is spot on, Mate. As the Boss says, You nailed it! :thum:

Funnily enough, I might just buy this product - if only for the winter ground textures, which are sadly lacking in photo-scenery.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

A very good read Rob. Seemed very neutral in your observations. Not being from England and looking at the pictures I would buy this product. What you consider too bright or cartoonish looking I see as a real improvement over the rather dull looking default representation of you country. Even though from the air the landscape tends to be dull looking in real life, in a sim I think it's kinda nice to look at. I think I would rather enjoy flying around in this scenery. Thanks for a good review. :D

I was wondering if you had the recent upgrade that was released for this product when you wrote this review and if was a good improvement over the original release?

Hi Brett,

I've installed SP1 but haven't really had much time to explore it yet. There is certainly nothing wrong with the original version and the SP is probably only going to update some minor problems (I've not read the full list yet so could be wrong). The landmarks that I mentioned were missing probably won't make a difference to someone not from the region.

I'm keeping this scenery installed over VFR scenery because I like it and I think it makes for some great screenshots and is easy on performance. With or without the SP I don't think that you would be disappointed

Thanks for the reply Rob. It is definitely on my wish list even with it's very few shortcomings. I don't know about over by you folks but the winter textures are certainly ringing true here. There has been snow on the ground for months. It is a shame that they left out some key landmarks, those are the things that help make a scenery program shine.

So you say that the VFR scenery works well and is compatible with the Orbx too. That's a plus. :thum: