Hi Lads and Lassies,

I wonder if anyone has come across this before or knows how to fix it. I recently came across the repaint of "g-psst miss demeanour" for the alphasim hawker hunter. Although it doesn't have a dedicated install package, the file includes the texture files and a cfg file which i thought i could manage to put in manually myself. I have put the textures into the the simobjects/ alphasim hunter folder along with the originals, and also cut and pasted the cfg file into the aircraft.cfg flie and labelled it [fltsim.8] as the previous one was 7.

when i go to select the aircraft from the selection lists the thumbnail is apparent but when i click on it for details i just get a black box. if i double click a message saying "failed to start g-psst" appears.

any ideas.

i am new to this manual installation so if i have made a silly mistake please laugh and put me right. i am willing to learn ! :stars:

keep reading your posts but some are still a bit in depth for me - but what a great site, and helpful gang :thum:

thanks

Alan

The owner of that lovely bird is a friend of ours, Jonathan Whaley. I worked with him down at Booker when he was doing some work for Tony Bianchi. If you ever see the Live action film of Wind in the Willows done by Terry Gilliam then you will see Jon in action in a very different bird. A Manning Flanders MF1. It was used in the film as it suited the Edwardian feel of the movie. Unfortunately it is a very light aircraft and Jon is a very big bloke, when we were filming over in Norfolk it several takes before the aircraft could be persuaded to take off!! Eventually it did ,but Jon refused point blank to fly with the giant Toads Head over his own! That bit was morphed in afterwards for the close ups!(though I'm not sure even that were used in the end, it's years since I saw it!) He later moved down to Bournemouth Airport where he was running a couple of Hunters out of the now defunct Jet Heritage Museum. He was talking of buying a Bronco and such was his enthusiasm that he asked me to build him a model of one. This I did and was rewarded for my work. The idea sadly came to nothing which was how he ended up with Miss Demeanor. 

This is what the Alphasim Hunter should look like...

HunterPsstclose_zps25223c76.png

Thanks for the pics chaps but thanks to Joe i now have my own sorted.  :thum:

Just had a quick flight at Marham to check it out, - fantastic, worth all the pain, and learnt a bit too :D

will post a pic when i work out how to do that !! (won't copy from my docs/fsx/files)

cheers

Alan

Hi again all

Okay this is my first effort so i hope you can see it !!

my long awaited "Miss Demeanour" parked at Marham with a lucky Victor in the background :D

2013-4-22_20-53-28-515_zps406eefee.png

thanks for all the help Joe :thum: