A-10C Flight Stick Replica - Now available in "Solo" version

banner.jpg
London, April 25, 2013 — In order to respond to demand from the flight sim community, Thrustmaster is pleased to announce that it will now offer a standalone version of its A-10C attack aircraft flight stick replica.

Specially designed for flight simmers:

With the release of the HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick, owners of the HOTAS Cougar™ stick and flight sim fans in general will be able to get a taste of the incredibly specific sensations provided by the stick of the A-10C, the U.S. Air Force’s famous attack aircraft. A replica of the plane’s control stick designed by Thrustmaster – creator of the original “Hands On Throttle And Stick” concept – and officially licensed by the U.S. government’s Department of the Air Force, the HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick is composed of a detachable metal handle which is also compatible with the base of the HOTAS Cougar™ stick (and vice versa), plus a base and a support plate.

stick2.png
Very comprehensive controls:

Thanks to a metal plate which can be detached from its base, the HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick can be used either on a desk or mounted in a cockpit. The activation pressure on the stick's buttons and trigger is completely realistic. It features 19 action buttons in total, plus one 8-way “point of view” hat: 1 x 8-way “point of view” hat, 2 x 8-way hats, 1 x 4-way hat with push button, 1 x metal dual trigger, 2 x push buttons, 2 x pinkie push buttons. The stick includes a USB connector and also features upgradable firmware; what's more, it's ultra-stable (weighing in at more than 6.6 lbs/3 kg).

Featuring H.E.A.R.T. HallEffect AccuRate Technology™*, the stick provides surgical precision that won't decrease over time! The 3D (Hall effect) magnetic sensors provide 16-bit resolution (65,536 x 65,536 values). A unique resistance system incorporating 5 springs ensures firm tension, perfectly smooth movements with no sticking points and no dead zone around the neutral position.

The HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick is also compatible with the T.A.R.G.E.T Thrustmaster Advanced pRogramming Graphical EdiTor™ software suite, available free for download. This innovative application lets you test, configure and program Thrustmaster® controllers including the HOTAS Warthog™, MFD Cougar, HOTAS Cougar™, T.16000M and HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick. The software is based on the drag-and-drop principle for total ease of use, and features different programming levels (Basic, Advanced and Script) – making it perfect for all users from newbies to the most diehard flight sim fans.

·         The HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick will be available from May 2013 at a suggested retail price of £229.99.

HOTAS™ is a trademark of Guillemot Corporation S.A.

(*) Patent pending.

Check Thrustmaster products at www.thrustmaster.com.

Looks like a winner for the serious(money is no object) flight simmer. Very sharp looking by appearance and it would sure be nice to get a bit more precision and feel. Thanks for the heads up. :thum:

He he!

That would be a good sample!

These hall effect joysticks are weird, hardly any input required, I tried one at Lelystad and it takes a lok of getting used to.  :)

Joe and Brian,

I bought the complete set from Scan computers 3 days ago for £279-99 and have removed the stick from it's metal base  and  made a dropdown holder for it.  I must admit it is a fantastic piece of kit and it allows for a much improved flying experience by being so precise.  It is also very heavy.

blLP.jpg

Mf1U3.jpg

This was the start of the dropdown bracket I made

dkcmG.jpg

I must admit I only seem to fly 2 aircraft in the sim these days a Helicopter and a fixed wing.  The heli being the Cera 412 and the fixed wing being the RealAir Lancair legacy.

I use the Hotus throttle for the heli (as a collective) and the Saitek TPM for the fixedwing..

The Hotas I hope is now my last big spend as I was going to get rid of my Vr insight GPS but am glad I kept it.  Still awaiting a new HDMI to VGA lead so that I can use it with the graphics card.

Will keep you informed..

Hi James,

Nice to see some pics of your setup. Very impressive I must say, well done.

Although I have built my panel, as you saw at Weston, I still have yet to get into the two PC setup.

I have now got the makings of a second PC, except the CPU.

I have a spare mobo, memory, case, GPU etc but I need another cpu.

I am looking to try and get another skt 1155 i7 which will match the mobo I have, but I need to steady the outflow of dosh for the time being.

Once I have the second cpu, I will have to start reading the web for how to set up two PCs for FSX.

Good times are coming. :P

Let us know how you fair, with the Hotas.

Cheers

Brian :thum: