Is Earth Simulation's new website officially open yet?

I just tried to login to their new site because I'm having issues with an order i just placed via their ESI software but I can't login because their new site (https://earthsimulations.org.uk/ES-Store/shop/) uses a User Name and Password but their old site (http://www.earthsimulations.com) uses an email address and password to login. I tried registering on their new site but ofcourse it won't allow me because it says that email address is already registered.

Anyone else having issues with orders or their new site?

Hi

The new website combines your previous ES store and forum accounts together. On first visit you will need to change your password by visiting one of the " forgotten password" links. This will send you the necessary e-mail to activate your account and associate all your previous orders and forum posts with it. On logging in to your account you will see a "My ES" link on the top menu appear. Use this to change your profile so that your forum name and picture are to your preference. 

I'm sorry it has been necessary to ask you to reset your passwords, but this is due to the reason all passwords are permanently encrypted and we have no way to access them ourselves during transfer to the new system. 

For the time being our old website and store will remain active.But I've closed the old forum after transferring the contents of it to the new website. Access the new forum here http://earthsimulations.org.uk/ES-Store/forums/

Some further info:

Our old system was patched together over some time on 3 separate software packages, each system loosely held together with double sided sticky tape and sticky backed plastic. 

The new system combines everything  together and should be far easier for our customers to navigate and make use of. Downloads are much faster than previously. ( I've retrieved 11.4GB in only 15 mins ) 

Our helpdesk system is always active.

ESI product manager system is active , and will continue to function going forwards for those that have no issue with it.. We are though also going to provide the option of a more traditional installation method with our sceneries in future. ( Click-next - click-next Type installer) To address the concerns of those customers who have taken such a dislike to the ESI product manager method.

If you own ES sceneries please do take the time to activate your accounts on the new website https://earthsimulations.org.uk/ES-Store/my-account/ and to participate in forum discussions there. Primarily, we'd like our community focus to be discussions relating scenery, with a particular emphasis on the UK scenery, add-on collecting and add-on development.  We should all come to Muts for the juiciest FS gossip! 

Hi Chris

When you downloaded I had a setting wrong and was routing the download through the ES website server first. It now comes straight from the s3 download servers at a much faster rate. I have a recently got 100mb fibre connection, and have seen as high as 18mb sec  speeds downloading Isle of Man  :thum: ...oh yes!

well against my better judgement i clicked on Darrens link to "take the time to activate your accounts on the new website https://earthsimulat...ore/my-account/ and guess what i got 404 page not found!!

pretty well what i expected to be honest, given my past experiences.

I am truly sorry to hear about your recenent illness but making life complicated for all your clients can only increase your own stress

why cant we have a simple method of downloading a product activating it and bobs your uncle this way is so overly complicated it has got to be turning clients away , I dont fault anyone for protecting their investment but at least make it user friendly and on a address that works.

Give the guy a chance, Brit. He is trying to address the issues that some people have had with the ES system, but he isn't a magician. I admit that I had been confused by the lack of communication over the past year, but I can definitely see light at the end of the tunnel now. Imagine what it must have been like for poor Darren as he was struggling to cope with a serious illness whilst all of us were questioning whether ES had a future or not!

Hi 

I had done a few updates to the site while it was quiet an hour or two ago, but hadn't noticed any problems as a result those updates until reading this..

Everyone who's been given a link to the new site has also been made aware that it's not 100% ready to replace our old system yet.

The link is working here fine now anyway, I don't actually know why it didn't earlier for you, but it seems to have fixed itself since.

By Golly but it's hard to make everyone happy, eh?!? :whis:

And Hi to you and Vikki, Darren - good to know you're on the mend, Mate! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

+1 :thum: