Instant Scenery 3 Released

iscen3_box.jpg

Flight One Software Releases Instant Scenery 3

ATLANTA, Georgia, July 24, 2013 – Flight One Software has released a new version of their highly-awarded scenery creation tool, Instant Scenery 3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator X , 2004 and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.

Instant Scenery 3 (IS3) builds on the intuitive easy-to-use interface for adding 3D objects to Flight Simulator from the last two versions and adds a plethora of new and exciting features.   IS3 allows users to easily add, move, and delete objects with the mouse and see the results of your actions directly in the Flight Simulator view without having to reload scenery every time. This allows you to place every object correctly on the very first attempt - literally just point and click!

In addition to the 3D objects, the new version allows creating roads, railways, power lines, ground and water polygons in FSX and Prepar3D. Instant Scenery 3 also adds Prepar3D support and easy mouse navigation in all three dimensions.

What’s New In Version 3

• Allows adding roads, with and without moving traffic
  • Allows adding ground polygons
  • Allows adding water polygons and shorelines
  • Allows adding railways and power lines
  • Support of Prepar3D added
  • Improved mouse navigation
  • Mouse Control for changing the elevation of 3D objects

The developer of Instant Scenery 3 has created a great demonstration of what can be done using the tool in Flight Simulator X.  The video that can be viewed here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22PxTylve5k or if you prefer, there is a 30-day demo version available to test out the new features yourself, available on our product page.

Previous Users of Instant Scenery 1 and 2 can upgrade to Instant Scenery 3 for a reduced price of $14.95 until August 31st, 2013 via upgrade coupons or receive a free upgrade if you purchased Instant Scenery 2 on or after January 1, 2013.  Coupons and upgrade offer info are available on the IS3 page.

Instant Scenery 3 easy-to-use features allow you to create endless scenery possibilities.  Instant Scenery creates standard BGL files that can be used by every Flight Simulator user so you can share your custom scenery work with others.

For more information, screenshots, download demo, and to purchase the product, please visit:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iscen3

I messed that up - the square root of negative pi is actually an imaginary, irrational radical.

Anyway, I've had the original IS and IS2 and though I haven't used them all that much the UI is very good and they've been very easy for what little I've done.  I will be going for the discounted upgrade.  Someday I'll move from diagramming airports to improving them.

One cool IS2 trick is scanning FS for the files containing scenery objects within "X" distance of the current location, so if you're looking for an object to edit, it's an easy find.

John

If you have a serious interest in upgrading airports, yes, it's that good, and is dead easy to use. What it doesn't do is create objects from scratch. It's an "object placer" and allows you to place items of scenery found in FS and sometimes in add-on software. It also has some pretty good tools for creating and managing object libraries and thumbnails, etc.

If your preference is to just use FS as is or with payware and freeware add-ons, it will do you little good. If you want to tweak your scenery, it's the cat's meow.

I say all this based on IS and IS2. Have not used IS3 yet but intend to get it.

The video shows pretty well the kind of things it can do.

John

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything in the video about ground polygons, which are mentioned in the OP, or do they not mean ground polys in the way I'm thinking they do?! I'd love them to be able to add extrusion bridges as well, they are a bit of a pain to have to do with SBX at the moment :) k

Their site says this about them...

Allows adding ground polygons: You can add parks, forests and other ground features by drawing ground polygons directly in the 3D view! No need to learn how to use the terrain compiler or complex terrain editors - Instant Scenery will automatically compile BGL files for you. (FSX/Prepar3D only)

Allows adding water polygons and shorelines: Easily create lakes, ponds and other water features. Instant Scenery will automatically generate the corresponding coastlines if you enable this option. (FSX/Prepar3D only)

You do see that auto compiling when he adds the road in the video...

John

Arnie - as John says,InstantScenery is certainly a good buy. I've used IS since its release - go for it!

Kevin - looks like IS3 will do most things, but you'll probably still need ADEX, KML2XML, etc. 

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

...all right then, + my favorite number, the square root of negative pi, which is, of course, an irrational radical.

John

John, Wifey says 'who on earth has a favourite number'?

I'm keeping out of this one. :D

@John, you see, I was taught when doing my carpentry apprenticeship that engineers work to a thousandth of an inch, whereas in the building trade we have to be spot on. Oh and yes, I served my apprenticeship in the good old days of feet and inches.

Non of this softy lark of counting in tens.

Metric, PAH!

:)

Brian,

We sometimes worked to, "Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with an axe - tolerance is + or - 1/4" for each man on the job.  If out of tolerance, put more men on the job."

Actually our Unit 2 Turbine-Generator was by BBC (Brown Boveri Corp, not your BBC) and was all metric.  All else was standard, so we had to deal with both. I'm reasonably conversant with metric, at least for linear measurement.

John

I am one of those terribly mixed up people

If I am measuring clearances i think and measure in "thous" of an inch

however slightly larger distances  from 1mm to 90mm  are measure in MM

larger distances are measured in feet like from 6 inches to a mile or more

but it works for me

it used to throw up some interesting stuff when i used to teach engineering for a few years at an adult technical college where i had a class of about 50 people, about 15 of whom only signed on so that they could get access to the machine shop as they were building huge replica steam engines one had wheels nearly 3 feet in diameter  !!

Sounds not too far removed from the Foden Machine shops in Sandbach. Used to work nighshifts in the late 60s and early 70s. One of the guys there used to pay a fellow worker to do his nightly workload. While he did his own Machining for orders taken outside, where he ran his own business during the day...no wonder they went bust !!

Then of course there were the Woodwork shops. Where another guy was making doors and window frames for local folk and builders...and yes gate security were in on the deal !!

Then they all stood back and wondered why they were out of  jobs in 1980 when the company went to the wall.

@John, Another saying we had in the building trade was, 'A man on a galloping horse wouldn't see it', (mistakes that is), not that I made many. :whis:

The carpenter I served my apprenticeship with used to give me a sharp slap to the nape of my neck, if ever I made a mistake. You soon learn that way :D