New York City X is a highly detailed scenery package of New York City, featuring 2,500 square kilometres of high-resolution terrain with autogen and over 6,100 photorealistic New York buildings.

• Compatible with FSX (including DX10 Preview mode) and P3D
  • Advanced modelling and texturing techniques
  • Huge scenery area (2500 sq. km) includes Jersey City, Newark and all five boroughs of New York City, with night and seasonal textures
  • Perfect for general, business and commercial aviation, ultralights and helicopter flying
  • New York metropolitan area with over 6,100 custom, photorealistic buildings from Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Jersey City and Newark
    • Best possible performance, extensive Level Of Detail system
  • Autogen (buildings and vegetation) on the whole area
  • 11 heliports including four detailed and three with custom objects
  • Photorealistic ground cover for six airports
  • Extras include people, wave effects, custom car traffic, ships and boats, cranes, hundreds of fuel storage tanks, various library objects etc.
  • Extensive manual with history information, technical details, charts, extra settings and performance tips
  • Compatible with vector add-ons (e.g. UTX), mesh add-ons (e.g. FS Global), airport scenery add-ons and visual add-ons (e.g. FTX Global)
System Requirements:
  • Flight Simulator X or Prepar3D
  • 2.5GHz or any Dual Core
  • 2.0GB RAM
  • 512MB graphics card
  • Windows 8 / 7 / XP (32 or 64 bit) / Vista
  • 5.2GB hard drive space

new-york-city-x_1_ss_l_130724113956.jpg

new-york-city-x_7_ss_l_130724114000.jpg

http://justflight.com/product/new-york-city-x

I first visited NY back in the 50's at the ripe old age of 7 perhaps less.went up the empire state bldg and glanced  down and thought --- why?  i have visited it many times since and still cannot see anything attractive there at all other than the fact that strangely people seem to be attracted to the place . maybe its name of Nieu Amsterdam had something to do with it? whatever like any big city , it is a great place to leave, why would anyone want to have this taking up space on their HD to fly around? not my scene at all

I guess it will be like LimeSim's L.A. Scenery - you lower the autogen density 'til your system accommodates the scenery's complexity.

If you've got an i7 overclocked with a 1G plus GPU, then you should be fine...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Hi my first comments on Mutleys Hanger,

I have just purchased the New York scenery and its a disaster, it looks great but after 2 minutes (YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF MEMORY WARNING) appears and it stops working, My system is top spec so I know its not that and other people are experiencing the same problem..

No help from Simshack after several emails so until this is fixed I would avoid it at all costs, its such a shame as it looks magnificent.

Hope this is of interest,

thefatmilkman.

Thanks for your input John and welcome to Mutley's Hanger. :welcomeani:

It does look like a PC stopper but usually the first postings, when a new addon comes out, are mostly from the folks that have trouble running it. Give it a few days and see if they can't figure something out that might help clear things up for you. Good luck.