MCA - North American Airstrips Vol.1

I haven't got PNW, but the inclusion of charts is a superb idea, especially since the area is quite large.

It's clever to allow both non-Orbx and Orbx users to buy and use the scenery - I might just get it, even though I don't fly GA much! For a first attempt, this looks superb!

Great review Joe, I have the product but never really checked it out in that much detail. :thum:  Nice work, I'll have to look for that butterfly. After reading this review I think I will go back in and switch back and forth between the two scenery's to see the differences so I can appreciate it more. :)

I just love flying into those landing strips and would have been happy with that alone. The icing on the cake was the way the designer made the surrounding areas even nicer than what ORBX did but yet it all blends in very well. Maybe to well because except for the river looking really good near Hilltop it's hard for me to tell what is default ORBX and what was added. I'm so busy trying to spot the strips and land safely that I never see much else but I guess that's only me. Personally I am more interested in what is closer to the airports. I was a little disappointed with the limited objects at the strips and the clutter being repeated at each location but chalked it up to this being his first payware project. I wasn't expecting people flow but would have liked to see a rotting hulk of a car or a rusted soda machine for eye candy and a car or something to make them look like they are inhabited. I gather Misha doesn't have a large company and a team helping him and has to work a real job during the day designing on the side at night so I was ok with it. Like I said, the strips themselves made up for it.    

Great review Joe.

I was delighted when I downloaded Mishas NAA Vol.1 and I am eagerly awaiting the release of Vol.2.

The scenery for these airfields is simply outstanding and as you point out, the bonus for me is, no impact on fps.

Beautifully designed, plenty of interest and cost per airfield is extremely pocket friendly.

Well done Misha.

:thum:

15 years old! That does not help my ego much since I just messed up some simple changes to some files. :D More power to him, I see good things for the future of flight simming.

Hi Kevin, 

I read that too, it's a shame that MCA has just merged into Orbx and Misha is now just one of the team instead of being a trail blazer.

Still, it will be easier for him to hone his talents under the Orbx umbrella and hopefully, one day he will restart MCA 

Hey Joe, I don't think it's a shame necessarily, Misha clearly has talent and drive and he will gain access to development material while Orbx will gain from his creativity. I just hope they don't stamp out his very welcome inclusive approach to scenery integration as part of the pact :) Otherwise all I can see is a mature and well thought out partnership that should hopefully benefit many people...

K

Hi guys if I may drop a few words in lol

There will be no Volume 2 but I will try to get all the airports that I proposed for it done. Yes it will be more expensive (Orbx controls that), but it will be higher quality with their tech and you can be sure my creativity, if anything, will improve :)

I am sad to close down MCA for the moment but as Joe said, it is a win win situation for us all.

All those things you were disappointed about in this scenery will not be present anymore in my future sceneries Joe because of my involvement in Orbx :)

Thanks guys for supporting me still, and once again thanks Joe for the review, I have donated a small amount to the site, because lets face it, you guys deserve all the praise you get!

Good luck in your future endeavours Misha. :salute:  Please take any of my comments as tongue in cheek with a pinch of stupidity, except of course for any praise given. :D

Just flew your trifecta today as a matter of fact and enjoy it each and every time. I even looked somewhat professional in my landings this time, 3 for 3. :cool: