Dug out 9 feet of 3ft x 2ft x 3in Yorkshire Stone flagstones, dug down 240mm, lined hole the with damp proof course, filled hole with cement.

Cleared gutters and gullys of vegetation, there was a tomato plant and some wild rocket growing in a parapet.

Some minor rendering on an exterior wall.

Cut firewood (ok, with a skill saw), for the lady whose house I'm working on. 

All on a sunny day! :)

Thank God it's Friday. :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a different life in the USA.  I don't think I have seen a hand gun more than once or twice in my life, I have seen many European cops with holstered guns I suppose, very few British cops with one, but you cant see the gun itself.  I have never held one let alone fired one. Not that it bothers me.

It's a hobby, and is a lot of fun, with a practical, potentially useful side too. 

Our right to "keep and bear" them is guaranteed in the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution though has been periodically attacked and watered down by the left.  The founding fathers believed an armed populace was an effective preventive measure against the rising of a despotic government.  Stalin and Hitler and many others of their ilk agreed.

The first ten amendments are referred to as the Bill of Rights and the Constitution was not ratified by the original 13 colonies until they were added.  Freedom of speech is the 1st.

John

went to Spain to look at buying an E type yesterday , so far the grey one is in the running but I have to fly to Italy next week to see another before making a decision, The day started badly having to walk the dogs in the dark in a snow storm, however it got better as i had lunch in a beach restaurant in Barcelona , pity I had to drive home again , as this morning I walked the dogs and guewss what ? yup it was trying to snow again, geez I hate cold !

ES14034.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

ES14026.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

Yesterday I took my old dad to the RAF Museum at Hendon. This was a 5 hour round trip, which was strange as the sat nav says we are a mere 53 mins away!  It seems a lot of other folks were going around the M25 yesterday.

We had a great time, managed to get round all of the aircraft in a poultry six hours, and that is without looking at the other side shows at all. Its a great collection, and well worth the visit.

I have always disliked the e type even when it first came out; very ugly, my love was the Triumph TR4A..  I could go on..  :blahblah:

Enzo Ferrari said he thought it was the most beautiful car ever created

and it has been voted the best looking car ever by all the motoring press

it just comes down to different strokes for different folks ! one man's meat is anothers poison.

since it been raining dogs and some cats.....   i just hoped in to my fav plane. the a2a 172 and went for a flight..... and to make fun. i pick raining and storming wheather.

and guess what. it was fun......... hope you guys have a great and safe saturday. :hat:

I am excitedly waiting the last 1/2 hour before I head to a nearby airfield for a one hour Introduction flight in a Piper Archer II...the nearest thing I could rent that was close to one of my fav Carenado birds in game the Arrow III.

I'll try to remember to take a "screen shot" or two and post after the flight. Doubt I'll be able to continue flight lessons as I aint made of that money, but this is a 50th birthday present to myself. Been Jone'sing hard to fly a real bird since getting AirHauler and back into FSiming.

23 minutes to go.

Best of luck and have fun Matt. :D

As long as I'm here...Did the Christmas decoration thing on the house and finalizing winter time yard cleanup. I procrastinated to long and it is totally freezing out factoring the the wind chill.  

A short hop in a 727 from Pittsburgh to Cleveland where it's snowing. I like filthy weather when simming.

Brett, if you are feeling the chill I have an old pair of Long Johns I could mail you. :D

Woot. It was awesome. I paid for a full hour and a half so that I could get a full 1 hour on my log book :).

We did a pre-flight and a brief "ground school", then the instructor "M" worked the pedals and throttle while I worked the yoke on our first take off and I learned the Archer's take off and climb out speeds...65-ish and 80 kts.

We tootled around their practice area for around 20 minutes practicing turns and maintaining altitude and getting used to the control feel. The we headed back to shoot touch and goes for the remainder of the time.

After M. demonstrated the first one, I took the yoke on number two. I took yoke and pedals on #3, and on #4 - #6 I had flaps and throttle too. M claimed it was all me on the last 3 touch and goes, including the final Full Stop. Yay.

Regrettably it was too hazy to get any good shots from the air...and you can all google for an Archer image yourselves without me having to download a new one :P , ground photos are all I managed to get sadly.

SO damned fun. I will not be able to stop at one lesson, make take some time, but I'm going back.

OFC I hoped into my Carenado Arrow III...left the gear down and recreated the pattern after getting home. It was pretty gratifying to see that it performed almost identically...climb rates, sink rates at specific throttle and flap setting...amazing. I did 6 more touch and goes at my own desk practicing what I learned today to drive the proceedures into the old gray mare.

Highly recommend getting this bucket list item done sooner than later if you haven't done so already.

Cheers.

Matt.

Glad you had a good time Matt, looks like we might have a new RW pilot in the making. :thum:

Doesn't Carenado also have a Piper Archer II in their lineup, might be worth a purchase, for practice purposes, if your going ahead with more flying time. I would think that flying with gear down wouldn't be as aerodynamic as having the fixed gear aircraft.  

Ha, I bought the Archer last night...and their 172 as well since that is the plane I will actually train in (and the c337 cuz that looked too lovely to resist...all from the Just Flight folks...very easy transaction via PayPal)..so ya...I will slowly try to budget a new PP license...way too fun to stop.

the c337 is hella fun to fly and gorgeous to look at. I did some practice landings last night in Tahiti :)

I like the C337, first aircraft I purchased from them. Flew that baby everywhere for quite sometime I enjoyed it so much. :cool: Have fun!!

I was looking at their C172 but got the A2A one instead as I like there Accu-sim products. 

• 3 months later...

well spring has sprung, today went down to the village where we used to live and had a great reception from our old neighbours, then went out to a small fishing port had fresh oysters and a bottle of wine followed by a walk on the beach, it was 30 degrees , with a light breeze, drove home and had a spatchcocked chicken on the barbeque with another bottle of wine, took the dogs for another walk in the vinyards and bumped into a man who has some hunting dogs and he is giving us some wild boar to eat,

am now listening to the evening serenade of a blackbird

life is good!

now where did I put my glass?