A2A Simulations - Accu-Sim C172 Trainer released

Just put my first hour on it at and around Southampton with some nasty winds going on. It flew like I would expect it too in those conditions but it just seemed a little bit better.

I think the trainer part comes from the fact that most of the systems are accurately modeled for your checklists. You have the ability to do a walk around to check the outside of the aircraft's important areas. The gauges show temperatures based on the outside air from cold and dark startups along with the electrical system showing any draws. If you idle on the ground too long without leaning the mixture the plugs can foul yet you can clear them using RW techniques. You can even test the individual magnetos. When you leave a flight the aircraft will stay exactly like it was as far as engine temp, oil viscosity, fuel level. Oil does dirty over time and needs to be changed and the battery will die on you if you're not careful. The list goes on and I am not exactly explaining it fully but if you want to train for a real world license this plane would be a good place to start. Another reason for the trainer label is the fact that this aircraft is generally used for just that, training beginner pilots. It shakes rattles and rolls like most accu-sim addon planes and the sounds are amazing covering all switches, knobs and doohickeys. You can hear when the plugs are fouling along with many other aspects before, during and after the flight. There is a maintenance hangar to take care of keeping the aircraft in good repair too.  

This is not to say that other payware stuff is not advancing along the same way nowadays but they are definitely a cut above most.

I always felt that the default C172 was modeled very well, this one blows it out of the water. It might not be for everybody, it is still the same slow moving, slow climbing aircraft we all started out in but I am impressed. As a fan of low and slow and Cessna's in general, this is a nice addition to my hanger.

Here is a few shots of my first flight,

2ffu.jpg

c5wg.jpg

sv61.jpg

8lnw.jpg   

Great little plane this one, did a quick and dirty 20 minute flight last night (ESSA to ESCM)... 

Just need to get the views in the walk-around to work when using EzDok Camera... 

Great little plane this one, did a quick and dirty 20 minute flight last night (ESSA to ESCM)... 

Just need to get the views in the walk-around to work when using EzDok Camera... 

There are some tips and pointers for the EZDok problem on their forum site Micke. There are some other bugs that need working on too, so far my niggles have been the over abundance of wheel friction that appears when flying from FTX scenery and not being able to use the cursor to set the lower freq on the radios from the VC. A few workarounds have been mentioned but I prefer to wait for the update. I am still happy with what they have accomplished on the whole, my biggest problem lately is deciding which plane to fly, the C172 or the dh6........  

Hmm, looks like A2A's forum's and site are down.

I have been a bad boy and have not been tending to my AH company lately. :(  I will use the C172 for sighting flights and the Islander for those times I have those longer flight's planned. I just planned a flight from Concrete(3W5) to Skagway(PAGY) to visit Bob at Sunbird Aviation, obviously the dh6 will be a better fit even with a rest stop at Terrace(CYXT). Wanted to check out Mount Herman Park, maybe I will rent a C172 there to check out the area for an hour or two. :D  

There are some tips and pointers for the EZDok problem on their forum site Micke. There are some other bugs that need working on too, so far my niggles have been the over abundance of wheel friction that appears when flying from FTX scenery and not being able to use the cursor to set the lower freq on the radios from the VC. A few workarounds have been mentioned but I prefer to wait for the update. I am still happy with what they have accomplished on the whole, my biggest problem lately is deciding which plane to fly, the C172 or the dh6........

I found some tips on their forum too.. Looks like the easiest solution was to do it backwards..

As for the Radio issue I didn't run into it, since I was "cheating" using the default ATC to change the frequencies ;)

@Micke- I cheat too and use ATC, I was referring to the nav side. I was trying to set a VOR and I could not get the small button to turn, just keep popping in and out. Same with the ADF.

I am going to fly it in a bit after I check back in on the site for any additional help concerning this. Will try a mouse wheel instead of my touch pad which does not act correctly with FSX for some reason. :(

@Rob- I think you will like it for those stress free, no hurry, roaming type flights flights. :D  It's rather handsome too. :thum:  I am really enjoying these added simulations, feels like am a real pilot but takes longer to get in the air. :(