Orbx Release FTX: EU EGHI Southampton Airport

As I type this, it is not showing up on the Orbx web site, however, I have it on good authority that Orbx have released FTX: EU EGHI Southampton Airport - and just in time for the weekend.

From the development team of Lars Pinkenburg and Martin Pahnev, otherwise known as 29Palms, FTX: EU EGHI Southampton Airport is a feature packed add-on with incredible level of detail.  As a bonus to the airport scenery, it includes numerous attractions, such as the huge Ford factory, and animated trains and cars.  A detailed reconstruction of the typical "Southwest Trains", a dust blowing Land Rover and even a steam locomotive show the attention to detail this scenery has been created with.
  • First NGX compatible airport for EU England.
  • Large PR coverage.
  • Fully custom modeled airport.
  • Detailed reconstruction of Ford Southampton plant.
  • Extremely detailed approaches.
  • High Definition Ground Poly.
  • Shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground.
  • Realistic rendition of light sources.
  • Use of most Orbx Flow techniques.
  • Complex car and train animations in 3D
It is available from the FlightSim Store here for AU$32.95.

Hmmm, I wonder who will especially be purchasing this for the weekend of flying.  :P

Cheers
Andrew

It does look good apart from the train crash.

Of course from there you can nip over the Solent to Bembridge airsortofport which you get with the Islander and pop into The Propeller Inn for a pint.

My big sis took me gliding from Bembridge a few times. :D  :D  :D

C'mon Brian. How's the 777?

Must be reviewing it as we speak. ;)

@Joe- Sorry you had the purchase accident Joe, anything we can do to help? :D Does look nice though, you should just bite the bullet and keep it.

<grin>  I sure am — bigtime (as the saying goes).

Incidentally, whilst we're off topic ;) (this doesn't really justify a separate news item) — the PFPX v1.05 update is out, and on the PFPX forum there's a Hotfix v1.05.1 which (it fails to explain) is a PFPX.exe file that you copy over your existing v1.05 exe (so do the 1.05 update first) to fix the weather updating problem. The program will tell you about the 1.05 update, but not about the hotfix. You can download it from here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph458uknxrmtuyy/PFPX.exe (and the forum posts relating to it are here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/72794-weather-updating-hotfix-1051/ ).

PFPX v1.05 fixes:

- improved TOPCAT integration
- added Boeing 777 freighter aircraft type
- added Cessna citation CJ1+ aircraft type (created by Martin Lonien)
- added PMDG Boeing 777 freighter aircraft template
- fixed server connection problems (switching to new server)
- fixed TOPCAT landing module landing weight / max landing weight issue
- fixed flight plan template formatting issues
- fixed flight level allocation issues when using the "build" function
- fixed manual altitude profile issues
- improved auto-router at airports without sids/stars
- updated uwww and lbsr fir atc speed tables
- updated several user direct airways cruise tables

It'll be a great program when they finish it!   :cool:  (For example, they're still working on a .rt2 flight plan output for the PMDG 747X.... <mutter>....).

:Hijacked:   But meanwhile, back in Southampton.....   :)

Cheers,

Brian

I am just really pigged off that you cant run ftx EGHI as an independant airport with decent photoscenery rather than the pretty naff ftx england.

I agree too but their airports are superbly modelled it's a shame they have the lime green field colour because ever since I spotted that it really puts me off. Still - nice shots Joe

I bought this too for a quick look and can report that there appear to be virtually no compatibility problems, just one small bridge over the river is slightly misaligned. Even the colours don't clash too badly :) The Orbx photoreal layer knocks out the treescapes autogen as expected but as with Elstree it should be possible to integrate the ES autogen with the EGHI in a few minutes.

Will update this post with a screeny and the merged autogen files when I've done them...

Pants, it looks like this may be more difficult than I thought :(

I have integrated the agn files with no problems whatsoever, but have encountered a problem with exclusion of autogen over a much wider area that I can't pin down yet so I am unable to determine whether it is EGHI related, or whether it perhaps is a scenery layering issue.

I have had the uncomfortable side effect that for a large swathe of the solent my water textures have been replaced by generic landclass images, which I last came across when I installed the v3 upgrade to GenX for vol3.  The only fix I found then was to reinstall the whole of my photoscenery but it was a few years back now, hopefully I can come up with something better than that as a solution this time round....

EDIT: I appear to have lost the water mask for the entire QMID11 grid including the airfield....which is causing the horrid replacement of water with landclass textures...

EDIT2: A reinstall of EGHI eliminates the water mask problem but every last little bit of Treescapes is eliminated south of a line just north of EGHI itself.

EDIT3: Think I have it cracked...

b5e4.jpg

The shot above is with the 05_scenery and 06_cvx parts of the FTX region active.  Haven't delved into it in enough detail to know exactly which files have what effect but I clearly have managed to resolve the two most obvious issues of the Solent silting up and all the missing ES Treescapes autogen...at least to some extent!  Time for family now will come back to this in time :)