FSX Plane's Auto Pilot System & Pitch Control

Hello,

I have been having this problem on FSX with different amount of planes which made it difficult to play. I use a wired game-pad to fly the plane and the keyboard for some operational tasks like parking brakes, ATC, etc. As soon as I lift off from an airfield I level my airplane and set the altitude that IFR tells me and switch the NAV point in the autopilot as well as on the plane itself. The plane makes the turn and the climb but after about 1 minute, the plane starts to pull up rapidly. I turn off my autopilot and try to take control but it still pulls up (all the way to the top line of the virtual horizon). I tried turning off my engines and leveling off as there would be no P-Factor only air resistance and gravity which would allow me to glide, but as soon as I let go of the controls it jumps up and goes all the way to the top line of the virtual horizon. I have tried looking online but all I found was that people experienced P-Factor and Autopilot failure. Has this happened to anyone before? Is this fixable? Any suggestions would help. Thank you in advance.

The aircraft is the Cessna 172 but I also had it happen on the Learjet. Could it be that I am using the Air Hauler? I do not believe one of the buttons are pressed since they are not bound onto the controller but I will still check. My vertical speed is set to 500 but it doesn't matter as it will pull up either way. Even when I descend it still pulls up to the top. Thank you for the suggestions and I will keep looking for a solution.  :thum:

Yes it happened again. And Brett I did as you suggested, when it started to pull up I looked at the Pitch Wheel at the bottom and it started to go from 3.5 Degrees to 9 Degrees. When I turn off the autopilot and set the pitch to 0.0 Degrees, it works just fine and I do not need to always pull down. Thank you for helping! I really appreciate it! Looks like I am going to look into the autopilot control and see what is up, thank you again!

I am sorry if I insult you with this but I do not know the extent of your knowledge in FSX.

In the default aircraft you set the altitude on the AP by pressing the Up and DN buttons and also by hovering the cursor on top of the altitude numbers themselves by using the +/- tool tips. The VS number below the altitude number is the Vertical Speed number, this is used to set the angle the aircraft pitches up or down to reach the altitude you have set. For the Lear a VS of 00900 is fine or it probably can handle as much as much as 01200 because it has more power. The C172 has less horsepower and should be adjust to 00500 or 00700 at the most at full power. The VS can be set by using the +/- cursor hover method when the cursor is placed over the VS number. Since your trim shows 10 when the AP is engaged I am guessing your VS is set at 01000, this will stay until the number is changed each time you use the AP. Hope this helps you.  

EDIT: :fool:  Sorry, I take all this back, I see in your post that you did have your VS set at 500. :rolleyes: