iFMS 1.1.4 for iOS and Android now released

I am happy to report iFMS version 1.1.4 is now available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

This revision fixes the following issues:
- On some Android devices like the Motorola Xoom2 or the Samsung Galaxy Tab7 not all the FMC buttons were displayed because of a sizing issue of the bitmaps.
- Waypoint names should always be displayed when the HSI is in PLAN mode, not just when RTE DATA is selected.
- When a runway is selected in some cases there was a problem only displaying the relevant departures/arrivals for this runway.
- There was a crash and/or misplacement when programming a hold in an existing procedure.
- When the HSI was in plan mode in landscape configuration, trying to program a hold, the “STEP” function was overwritten by the “PPOS” function.
- Take-off status would only show complete after PERF INIT / ROUTE / TAKEOFF PAGE was complete and a departure runway was selected, in reality the departure runway does not need to be selected for take-off status to show as complete.

Two less common aircraft were also added to the list of default aircraft, the AgustaWestland AW139 Helicopter and the Cessna C337H Skymaster.

Many thanks go out to the users and testers who have pointed out and helped me resolve these issues.

What does the future hold for iFMS?

Apart from some revisions and minor upgrades in the near future, for the longer term I am planning some bigger developments for a later major upgrade (version 2.0):
- Full multi-device support: For the moment it is possible to connect multiple devices to a single flight simulator, however, the devices will not sync, i.e. if you program a route on one device it will not be reflected on the other devices connected to the same simulator and thus each device will need to be programmed separately. I’m planning to implement this functionality for the next major upgrade.
- A Primary Flight Display (PFD). iFMS currently consists of an FMC and HSI display (also known as a Navigation Display or ND). With the addition of multi-device support, a PFD will allow users to build a simple but very functional home cockpit using two or three Android/iOS devices connected to a single flight simulator.

As always, if you have any questions/concerns/issues don’t hesitate to contact me either through the feedback form on the iFMS website or directly, michael.defeyter@ifms-fs.com.

Michael De Feyter
iFMS
http://www.ifms-fs.com 

Hi again all,

I’ve just released another revision of the Android version of iFMS to the Google Play Store, this version is labelled 1.1.5.

It was pointed out to me that several Android devices which should be capable of running iFMS were listed as incompatible by the Google Play Store, hence iFMS could not be installed on those devices.
This had to do with the Play Store thinking iFMS requires the presence of a GPS, hence the Play Store was excluding all devices that don’t have a GPS from the compatible devices list.

As you might know iFMS is capable of using the GPS as data source instead of FSX/FS2004 or X-Plane, but this is not the main intent of iFMS and furthermore iFMS should most certainly never be used for real world navigation. This is a purely optional feature for educational purposes only.

With version 1.1.5 I’ve corrected the device requirements and now the GPS is listed as an optional feature (as it should be) which means devices with no GPS should now be able to download and install iFMS from the Play Store as well.

Michael De Feyter
iFMS
www.ifms-fs.com 

I bought this and tried using it for the quality wings 757 but it did not change the fms in the sim.

Sent a support email but no response at the moment.

I put the dll file in the modules folder and created the entry in the launch addon file. I installed app and put in the pc IP. It says connected.

Loading the plane and sim then changing the fms setup nothing gets updated in the sim.

Am I missing something here - do I need to specify the planes to associate ifms with?

Looks really good tho so want to get it working!

Cheers

Jim

Reply by Michael this app does not actually update and sync with the in game fmc. I was under the impression it would as on the site it says things like addon aircraft config files - therefore thinking it needs to be setup for the sync.

I've requested a refund because it is no use to me if it does not sync to the in game fmc.

If you want an fmc and don't need it to update the fmc visually in game then this is good for you.

Cheers

Jim

That is correct.

iFMS does not sync with the FMC found in add-on aircraft such as PMDG.

You can use iFMS with these aircraft but you you should either use the FMC/ND in iFMS or the one that comes with the aircraft.

iFMS is much more usefull used in combination with standard/add-on aircraft that don't have any (realistic) FMC and/or ND of their own like most standard and free add-on aircraft. In this case iFMS will provide you with a very functional FMC and navigation display where you would normally have none.

Alternatively you can also use iFMS completely stand-alone with the device GPS as source of position/speed/altitude data (if your device has one off course). You can then practice your FMC programming skills on your phone/tablet whenever, whereever and if you're passenger in a car or something you can actually follow your position against route in the real world.

(Be aware though that even though you can, you should not use this functionality for real world flying, this is strictly against the terms of use of the product.)