Announcing Section 1 - Bidding Closed

Greetings all interested ATWC pilots

It's time to get this show on the road and take to the skies in the first out of (?) sections   ;)

The departure board for the first section can be found in the main ATWC 5 forum, and it is also included below. We will be travelling from Southampton out to the island of Santa Maria in a total of eight legs.

As you can see from the departure board our esteemed boss has taken the liberty of grabbing the first leg and thus will kick the adventure off with a flight down to Alderney, but the remaining seven legs are up for grabs to any daredevil that choose to accept the challenge.

Bidding for the legs in section one will start at 10:00 AM UTC on Saturday the 21st of September and your assigned legs will be published as soon as we have filled the section.

The bidding is open to all members on the forum, so even if you haven't sent in a registration you can take part in the adventure. Bid for as many legs as you want, but please arrange them with the one you want the most at the top (Bidding for multiple legs will increase your chance of getting a flight).

Only bids sent to atwc@mutleyshangar.com after the bidding window have opened will be considered when assigning the flights. Also note that Leg 4 from Barcelona El Prat down to the rock of Gibraltar have a restriction in place to up the challenge a bit. If you do bid for this leg please include the type of airplane you plan on using so we can make sure you will be meeting the conditions of the flight.

In order to make sure that no bids go unnoticed in the flood of SPAM-mail that is my inbox, please set the topic of your email to "ATWC 5 - Section 1 bids" so they are easily identified.

That should be it for now, but feel free to ask any questions you might have in this topic.

Looking forward to a full mailbox around noon on Saturday ;)

Micke

departure_board_atwc_active.jpg

All legs in the first section are now assigned to a pilot.

Please check the updated departure board to see if you have a flight assigned to you.

To those that didn't get a leg in this section, don't worry there's plenty of more legs in the sections to come..

/Micke

My deepest apologies to our esteemed member John Allard for the fact that I forgot to mention that he's prepared Airport Charts for all our destinations through out the ATWC 5.

All charts for Section one can be downloaded in a easy to grab package here, and all charts are also available as separate downloads in the File Library.

Once again, thanks for your efforts John!

Hi Micke,

Could you please have a stand in pilot for leg 7, just in case I'm not back from my break away.

We go next Saturday 28th Sept' and don't get back until Saturday 12th Oct'.

I hope I'm going to be back as I won't have a flight pc with me.

Cheers

Brian :thum:

EDIT: I've just checked the rosta. If everyone sticks to the 3 day posting, I should be back in plenty of time. :thum: