Aerosoft release version 1.15 for airbus extended

just a heads up that aerbus have released another version of their airbus extended, something they said they were not going to do until they finished the 319 series. I guess public pressure came into play.

Needless to say it is not an upgrade but a new install requiring a system reboot.

I don't have the airbus extended, is there any bullet point list anywhere that details what is and isn't simulated system-wise please, that anyone's aware of? I was intending to hold off for the FSL version but who knows when that will be out....and I'm thinking perhaps I should get the aerosoft one in the meantime?

They just couldn't let me finish my review at a sedate pace! Now I have to fly all weekend to include the latest update and probably change some comments I had.

The horror! ^_^

Trying not to give away too much about the review: Aersoft decided to simulate the systems in so far as the PIC has interactions with them.

So no whole model outside FS like PMDG or the Dash 8. I personally don't have a problem with that approach.

The CDU/FMC is now much better (complex / complete) than it was with the Airbus X.

I have not done all my test-flying in the new plane yet, so I can't comment on the quality of the current release, you will have to wait for the conclusions in the review for that.

I have the extended and just finished downloading the latest version a couple of hours ago. Good sound improvements are made, you can clearly hear the buzz sound of the CFM engines and the noise of the runway bumps on the take off run are good too. The bug fixes and other tweaks make a nice improvement to the overall experience too.

I must say though that as I also use X-Plane 10 and have the JARdesign  A320 NEO this is still far better as just about all of the functions work.

i like the aerosoft airbus it mixes enough systems reality with ease of use, having flown the real deal, i can enjoy it without all the nit picking time consuming detail , yes there are some minor shortcomings but they dont detract from the fun of flying it.

I like it , it is a good foil to the pmdg 737

• 2 weeks later...

I actually got the review copy after Airliner World Indonesia (written in Indonesian language) asked me to write a review on 'whats new'. It was not an in depth review (they only provide one and a half pages doh!). I also didn't write about the system wise profoundly. But in my opinion, it is still the best existing bus. It is obviously better than FSLab for an obvious reason. The only thing that bugs me is the throttle settings. And Steve, the enhanced sound creator, has just passed away, someone has managed to continue the work to be released in the next update. I own Airsimmer, and Blackbox. Aerosoft's bus is way headed of its rivals.

Thanks