So Where did you fly today?

Unlike the thread what did you do today which is really for more mundane everyday things that occur in life

This is meant to be for the more exciting stuff like flying !!

So to start things off yesterday I flew

LGKR (Corfu) to LGSK (Skiathos) then to LGAV (Athens) where I overnighted

then today flew

LGAV to LGMK (Mykanos) onto LGKO (Kos) then LGIR (Herakleon) and finally LCLK (Larnaca )

using the Aerosoft airbus X

However flying non precision approaches in the airbus brought up masses of shortcomings in its abilities, next time the NGX

all airport scenery by Aerosoft except for Athens by fly Tampa

cargolinx 737-900 "N739LG" test flight from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Phoenix, Arizona, setting up screen views on the side screen.

Selecting the CDU will overlay on-top of the selected items and then clear when not required.

I was thinking of adding a tablet for the CDU but it works OK this way.

AICsL.jpg

How's this for a moon shot?

jbpmS.jpg

Mmm! Still thinking on that Tablet?  :anyone:

Just bought this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321217278502?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

cargolinx 737-900 "N739LG" test flight from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Phoenix, Arizona, setting up screen views on the side screen.

Selecting the CDU will overlay on-top of the selected items and then clear when not required.

I was thinking of adding a tablet for the CDU but it works OK this way.

AICsL.jpg

How's this for a moon shot?

jbpmS.jpg

Mmm! Still thinking on that Tablet?  :anyone:

Just bought this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321217278502?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

it will be interesting to know how that pad works!! at that price it may be a gift

BF, I have added to it a Virtual Avionics CDU/FMC and it is working a dream, I tested the tablet with my daughters iPad for speed and ease of use. 

For what I am going to use it for there was no difference.  It connects to the computer via Wi-Fi on your home network, so no wires (that's a bonus)

See this YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSFeH7N68Tw

I am very pleased with it.

just goes to show the profit margin the big makers earn, at that price it is a win win situ  can you change the battery or add memory?

The battery is inbuilt, I have not used it long enough yet to see how long the battery last's. but battery is showing 66% and 39 hours of use left.

It self powers down to hibernate if not used in awhile and awakes in seconds when you press the power on/off button.

But the VA software overrides the power-down so stays alive during flight.

Inbuilt memory is 504MB but is expanded using TF micro cards.

There is also Nand Flash memory, when I can find out what that is and it  showing 14GB available?

But like I said I bought it to use the Virtual Avionics CDU @£12.50, so for £120 I have a separate CDU/FMC as compared to the £1000 the like's of Fly Engravity and others charge.

I have just started a UK tour in the Turbine Duke. I departed EGPW Unst yesterday evening, and so far I have visited.....

EGPM Scatsta

EGET Lerwick Tingwall

EGPB Sumburgh

EGEF Fair Isle

EGEN North Ronaldsay

EGEP Papa Westray

EGEW Westray

EGES Sanday

Next stop is EGED Eday.

I selected the Turbine Duke because it can operate from airfields with very short runways, and also because I love the sound of those PT6As :)

just flew LFMP/EGCC however the airbus new version isnt working as well as the last so had to take over manual control and perform a manual night landing which worked out well

Nice pic's Nigel. :thum:

Looks like the trees fall along with the leaves in that part of the world. :P (sorry I am in a frisky mood tonight and couldn't stop myself :D )

I hope SWMBO can :P - stop you that is, Brett.  :D

I had placed this in the wrong topic, but got here now:

I have been a busy bee today, but I managed a short flight in the Legacy, from Cardiff EGFF to Welshpool EGCW, weather was light cloud and little wind. (No Baked Beans)

I am using GenX UK fotoscenery, so just enjoyed the scenery rolling by at 5000'.  But I am not sure what this was that caught my eye:

Strange light in cloud upper right

0ek3C.jpg

It was not an aircraft known to FSX as there was no red info.

I guess a lot of pilots see things that are not normal in the skies?

In case you missed it in screenshots

Montreal - Portland

Although thought not to be so glamorous as the Passenger sector of flying, being a cargo flyer has more variety in both cargo and destinations.

So it be that this flight from Montreal Canada to Portland Oregon was no exception.  Except today we were carrying some very special livestock.

Portland Wildlife Safari Park was the destination of today's guests. 2 female 24foot Pythons, 3 Lion cubs, and 4 Sea Otters. (no twins).

Also with them to take care in flight was Janet and Corrine from the Portland Park.  So it was a change to have the coffee made for us..

You catch us 

:hat:  :pilotic:

Flew EGKK-EHAM in the NGX to check out my new netherlands scenery

and then EGKK-EBBR to see my new Belgium scenery which is superb, again in the NGX, they brought back happy memories

Since the weekend when I finally bought Fly Tampas' Kai Tak VHHX I have been doing circuits and bumps there in a variety of ac.. No matter what, I always understeer on that final turn thinking that I'm banking too steeply but when I recall flying in there RW I was looking almost vertically down onto the streets below.

So, more practice needed, that's why I love this  simmy thingy, it's always a learning curve. :)

Also I'm really pleased with the scenics and fps I'm getting with this on my 2cc, 5W PC. :)

Since the weekend when I finally bought Fly Tampas' Kai Tak VHHX I have been doing circuits and bumps there in a variety of ac.. No matter what, I always understeer on that final turn thinking that I'm banking too steeply but when I recall flying in there RW I was looking almost vertically down onto the streets below.

So, more practice needed, that's why I love this  simmy thingy, it's always a learning curve. :)

Also I'm really pleased with the scenics and fps I'm getting with this on my 2cc, 5W PC. :)

I was stationed as at Stanley Fort, where were you?