MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Ultra-Res City: Boston Released!

MSE-Ultra-Res-Boston-FSX-PCAviatorAustra

Ultra-Res Cities take MegaSceneryEarth realism to a whole new level with unprecedented native 50 cm resolution scenery for larger cities and Terminal Control Areas. Boston is the first title in this series.

You get around 6,000 square miles of the Boston Terminal Control Area (shown by the chart below) all displayed at 50 cm per pixel.

The realism is simply stunning. You can fly this scenery and it remains clear right down to lower altitudes of around 500 feet. Perfect for helicopter flying around cities as well as cross city shorter flights in light aircraft or for ultra-realism while approaching and landing at a Terminal Control Area in a big jet.

Interesting Fact: You'll note from the chart that this title also has complete Rhode Island state (excluding Block Island) so you can use this to upgrade your Rhode Island scenery if you already own it with higher-resolution imagery.

This scenery can co-exist with your MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Massachusetts complete state scenery. Place the Ultra-Res city above the state scenery in your scenery library.

So you can get full enjoyment from your Boston Ultra-Res city we also provide a complete set of PDF charts for the state of Massachusetts. The most important one for VFR navigation in the area is the Boston Terminal Area Chart and there's even a Boston Helicopter Route chart included.

To get a preview you can download the TAC and Helicopter Route Charts from here. The chart shown is the exact area covered by the scenery.

Boston Terminal Area Chart (PDF) (25.5 Mb)

Boston Helicopter Route Chart 1 (PDF) (12.7 Mb)

Boston Helicopter Route Chart 2 (PDF) (17.6 Mb)

This is a download edition with the option to order a DVD disk set (4 discs).
When you order the DVD disk set you will still receive download links. If you do not wish to download, simply wait for your DVDs to arrive in the mail.

THIS TITLE COMES WITH A FULL SET OF FAA AERONAUTICAL CHARTS FOR Massachusetts IN PDF FORMAT.

Here's what you get (download links for charts will be given to you with your product download):

• SECTIONAL CHARTS: New York
  • TERMINAL AREA CHARTS: Boston
  • HELICOPTER ROUTE CHARTS: Boston (2 charts)
  • LOW ALTITUDE IFR CHARTS: ELUS-33/ELUS-34
  • HIGH ALTITUDE IFR CHARTS: EHUS-11/EHUS-12
  • APPROACH CHARTS & AIRPORT DIAGRAMS: A 250 PAGE PDF BOOKLET

An important thing to note with MegaScenery is that with MegaScenery, framerates are faster than the default artificial scenery. So not only do you get the ultimate in realism but you also get a smoother flying experience.

If you don't like to download, choose the DVD MASTER Option and we'll master a 4 disc DVD set with the software and mail it to you anywhere in the world for just $9.95 - all inclusive. Please note that this is a large download at 14.6 Gb. If you are unsure of the stability of your connection we highly recommend you order the DVD Master Option and you'll receive this area on 4 DVDs.

NOTE: You will download a small zip file that has a html file with links to the 14 files that you will download.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Microsoft Flight Simulator X
  • Any system capable of running FSX
  • 14.6 Gb Hard Drive Space

DOWNLOAD SIZE

• 14.6 Gb
    Download Time
    50 MBps About 45 Mins
    20 MBps About 2 Hrs
    10 MBps About 4 Hrs
    5 MBps About 8 Hrs
    NOTE: You will download a small zip file that has a html file with links to the 14 files that you will download.
  • You can install and fly the first while others are downloading. Each file takes around 30 minutes to download with a broadband connection.
  • If you're not confident with the large download you can order the DVD Master for just $9.95. (4 DVDs).

See the REAL World in Flight Simulator - Now in Ultra-Resolution with MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Ultra-Res Cities Boston.

Get your copy now from your local PC Aviator Store:

PC Aviator USA: http://www.pcaviator...productid=19936

PC Aviator Australia: http://www.pcaviator...roductid=555240

Dean

I know MSE would like to get a foothold in the European market and some countries like the UK are difficult owing to

good fotoscenery already available.  I know you have made a start with Switzerland and full marks for that. 

But just a reminder for you, is that most of Europe holiday in Southern Spain, there is no fotoscenery for Spain and Portugal

that is as good as your MSE.  Food for thought..  :thum:

Jaydor,

Thanks for the comment. Don't worry, there is plenty more of Europe to come with MSE :)

I know one of those countries you mentioned is definitely on the list... The other may come later on too (depending on availability of good imagery).

Dean

I know MSE would like to get a foothold in the European market and some countries like the UK are difficult owing to

good fotoscenery already available.  I know you have made a start with Switzerland and full marks for that. 

But just a reminder for you, is that most of Europe holiday in Southern Spain, there is no fotoscenery for Spain and Portugal

that is as good as your MSE.  Food for thought..  :thum:

I am afraid you are wrong about Spain there is a huge amount of highly detailed photoscenery available for it and what is best it is FREE !!!!!

Like Belgium the best scenery is the FREE stuff

There is also a new Switzerland  HD scenery coming out in the very near future and that is free as well.

However I havent found any good Portugal stuff yet but I will be pleased to be proved wrong

The problem with MSE is the files are just too large they need to be broken down into smaller areas for them to be interesting to download.

The problem with MSE is the files are just too large they need to be broken down into smaller areas for them to be interesting to download.

LOL, I found the 27 hours downloading all of California in one go, very interesting. LOL

Thank the Lord for Flashget3..

:pilotic:

my download speed is around 250mb/s, it takes about 30 hours to download 3gb so on that speed it would take a week to download 1 region i think it would be cheaper to buy the dvd's :)

my download speed is around 250mb/s, it takes about 30 hours to download 3gb so on that speed it would take a week to download 1 region i think it would be cheaper to buy the dvd's :)

I think Dean does a reasonable charge for DVD and you don't lose a connection that way..  :)

WHAT  !!   27 hours downloading all of California.  I Take it you don't have FOBB in the Valley then.  :( 

It's bad enough with the optic's I have from Specsavers now, without having to use fibre optic's!  Anyway I don't like the itching they cause.. :whis:

Maybe I should go get my glasses but those images above make the scenery look blurry compared to other MES pic's I have seen. Without a good set of city building autogen, what is the draw of detailed photo scenery of Boston, not sure I get it. :huh: Don't mean to be insulting, really more curious.

Boston is a great place for festivals, especially the Italian one, Saint Anthony's Feast. :thum: (Warning: Do not wear a NY Yankees shirt or hat) 

Maybe I should go get my glasses but those images above make the scenery look blurry compared to other MES pic's I have seen. Without a good set of city building autogen, what is the draw of detailed photo scenery of Boston, not sure I get it. :huh: Don't mean to be insulting, really more curious.

Boston is a great place for festivals, especially the Italian one, Saint Anthony's Feast. :thum: (Warning: Do not wear a NY Yankees shirt or hat) 

The boss took those screenshots, and his FS PC is not as well set-up or tweaked as mine :P

What is the appeal? Personal I suspect. Some simmers like autogen and 3d objects, others like photoreal ground imagery they can identify with. That's it, basically :P